Why are RAS so unpopular?

Page 3 of 3

Duane Bozarth wrote:

Same here...
My grandfather had a RAS and used it often for crosscuts, dados, lap joints, miters, etc.
If I could fit a Delta or Rockwell ten incher in my "apartment workshop" I would...
Layne

One More Time ...
A little search and found a hard copy of Jon Eakes' book " Fine Tuning Your Radial Arm Saw" was available ("recognized as the bible for setting up and using radial arm saws in a precision fashion" publisher) but only through Amazon.com ($47.40 to $100 US) or Amazon.ca ($208 CDN)
However, you can download the book in PDF format for $14.95 CDN from:
http://www.wired-2-shop.com/joneakes/ProductDetail.asp?ProdID=3&nPrdImageID=&CatID=3
I found it easy and simple if you trust passing your VISA card # over the internet. If not, they have an 800 # too!
Jon Eakes is down to earth TV & Craftshow handyman. Always has something to teach you.
http://www.joneakes.com/index.html
As for ripping, I had problems initially but none since I received my updated guard (thanks to the wreck) a few years back. I've had it 20 years and it's still solid.
Also found a few thread comments at:
http://www.ridgidforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic ;f=5;t0676
Delete "nixonspam"