Why are my posts "disappearing"?

Hi,
I use Outlook Express 6, and after a while, posts seem to disappear. I have posted about 50 posts on here, but it only shows up as 5! I HAVE been able to see them, but now they've all gone.. Any solutions?
--
Cheers,

Sam

Hi, Sam,
Go to View>Current View and ensure that "Show All Messages" is selected. OE6 gives you the option of hiding messages which you've already read, and you obviously don't want this.
HTH
Frank

It's not that, because i've got over 3,500 posts here, all read, but the trouble is they seem to expire after a while.. useless for archives.

able

Ah. That's a function of your ISP's newsserver retention policy. There is only so much room, and after that gets filled up, the oldest articles are deleted to make room for the new ones.
However...groups.google.com has Usenet archives going back to pretty much day 0 of usenet. It's _all_ there. The user interface isn't fantastic, but you can find what you need that way.
Dave Hinz
Thanks Dave, I'll look into that.
Cheers,
Sam

I'm not sure how old you are looking for, nut news.individual.net has a good access that saves stuff for a while. Things do disappear, but it takes a good long time IMHO.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

I use supernews.com, and they have a fantastic retention rate on text groups. They currently show 100,285 live posts for the wreck.
djb
If archiving is what you want to do, create a folder in your newsreader tree and drag & drop the newsgroup msg you want to keep into it. I do this with Netscape whenever I find a post I want to keep. Then it doesn't matter what an ISP does for retention, I have a copy of the post. If you have varied interests make a few subfolders too to keep stuff sorted out. Right clicking will probably get you a menu. John
Sam Berlyn wrote:

Can you guess recommend a NNTP server to use? I read this from work via google and I'd like to use Outlook as well.
slindars wrote:

I'll second Joe's recommendation of news.individual.net. You can register here:
http://www.individual.net /
No binaries, though.
R, Tom Q.
Tue, Nov 23, 2004, 5:44pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (SamBerlyn) waves and calls out: Hi, I use Outlook Express 6, and after a while, posts seem to disappear. I have posted about 50 posts on here, but it only shows up as 5! I HAVE been able to see them, but now they've all gone.. Any solutions?
Sheesh. http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=rec.woodworking&lr=&num=30
JOAT Measure twice, cut once, swear repeatedly.
Sam wrote:

It's been a while since I've used OE, but you might try checking the various "delete message" settings under Tools -> Options -> Maintenance.
You should be able to keep downloaded messages indefinitely.
R, Tom Q.
Try:
Tools Options Maintenance
Look for the box that says "Delete new messages X days after being downloaded" and make sure that is not checked or set it for some insanely long time.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

have