Why a miter saw?

I can cut miter more accurately on my miter saw than I can on my table saw. That is the reason that I own a miter saw. Jim

Reply to
Jim

Well, you don't really NEED any tool, even a table saw... you DO have a hand saw, right??

For me, it's partly convenience, partly that I'm not really into crosscuts on a table saw.. especially if they're short... maybe i'm just lazy, but if I want to cut an inch off the end of a tuba four or six, it's quicker and easier to use the CMS... I can be done with the cut in less time than it takes to clear the shit off the saw table.. *lol*

also, one things like long pieces of molding of furring strips, I feel like it's safer to use the CMS... (or the Radial) Mac

mac davis

Barry.. your list made me think of another reason: When cutting rough lumber and you don't want to take the $100 blade off the TS to do it.. Mac

mac davis

I have a $90 Chopmaster on the miter saw.

The stock blade is still handy for framing, deck building, hardwood flooring, etc...

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y