whole write up on wood cork eglass laptop

the project for this caught my eye some time ago when the funding campaign started
but just recently he did a whole write up and it is a very good one
lots of details
way more heat than the project i have in mind
i really like the monocoque base with curves and cork
http://mottweilerstudio.com/novena-heirloom/

-1
Does not employ 'Golden ratio' proportional dimensions, not aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
http://i2.wp.com/mottweilerstudio.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Afrormosia-and-Blk-Limba-11.png
On 6/21/2016 11:37 AM, Spalted Walt wrote:

Seems counter productive, thin typically is better for actual use. In a wooden case simply an oddity that hinders the user.
On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 1:22:31 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Probably not...if it's going to be used in place of a desktop...and then there 's the showpiece aspect. No for me, but pretty cool!
On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 16:37:21 +0000

haha it is close though
and the craftmanship is high and that is satisfying
wonder how the hardware available for that project has changed
i know laptops with the same model number often have different parts
fwiw the main point of the laptop is that the hardware is open eliminates backdoors by tla agencies but not to say that there are no backdoors anyway

Very interesting article.