Who's this guy in the Old English commercial??

Greg Honsey (sp?), Master Craftsman? http://www.oldenglishpolish.com/index.shtml Click on "View the TV ad." Actor or real guy?
Mark and Kim Smith wrote:

Donno about the guy but does wood need conditioning? Not with any modern finish?
Josie
firstjois wrote:

Wood doesn't need conditioning, period. Wood is dead plant material and a bit of water. What's to condition? My first wife's grandmohter used to lay on a very light coat of 3M oil about once a year. Other than being sticky, it didn't seem to do any harm, but it sure didn't help. Neither do these other concoctions, though they may provide some protection from light water spills for some types of finish.
Charlie Self wrote:

LOL: Other than being sticky.
Oh, boy!
Josie

Although if you like your house to smell like a machine shop...

Cutting his dovetails with a router.
what's wrong with that?

Doesn't one show him applying a stain/varnish combo?

Nothing. Nothing at all.

Real guy... Greg Hohensee, of G. A. Hohensee Fine Furniture, Haines Falls, NY (near Hunter Mtn Ski Area). He's kind of local to me and has been featured in some local print media. I haven't seen his work in person but what I've seen in print looked interesting. He lists his products as custom high-end furniture and custom high-end case work.
As a follow up to this, Hohensee's recently relocated workshop was destroyed by fire Thursday morning.... I posted a picture to ABPW.