Who Posts the Most?

Page 1 of 2
Can you guess? Hint: It's not Bay Area Dave. :-)
Scroll down to bottom of page:
http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/ReportCard.asp?timespan=y&searchfor=rec.woodworking&searchdate 03
Hell, I could have told ya that!!! :)
dave
Brian wrote:

http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/ReportCard.asp?timespan=y&searchfor=rec.woodworking&searchdate 03

its not working for me, Its mostly blank,including the spaces where there is supposd to be a graph in article _w0Mb.8352$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com, Bay Area Dave at snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote on 1/10/04 4:11 PM:

trust me, you aren't missing a thing!
dave
Reyd Dorakeen wrote:

If you're not using Microsloth's Internet Explorer, you may have problems. I couldn't see anything with Mozilla, but I also had pop-ups turned off, so that might have caused issues. I just launched explorer instead and was able to view the page.

well im stuck with I.E at least until I buy a better system(one that handles osX)
in article snipped-for-privacy@news.teranews.com, Mark & Juanita at snipped-for-privacy@hadenough.com wrote on 1/10/04 9:23 PM:

Mozilla is a windows-based browser. There are some pages that have problems, but for the most part, it gives you a lot more control over things, like turning off pop-ups. It can be downloaded from <www.mozilla.org>

Worked fine with Mozilla 1.5 on Linux for me.
--
Mike Iglesias Email: snipped-for-privacy@draco.acs.uci.edu
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 06:46:42 +0000, Mike Iglesias wrote:

Same here. The ones having problems must not have some required plugin.
-Doug
Doug Winterburn wrote:

It just doesn't ever show up at all. Spins forever. Doesn't even time out.
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:52:36 -0500, Silvan wrote:

All I can tell you is I'm running RH9 with Ximian Desktop 2. Here's the browser/plugin specifics:
mozilla-1.4-0.ximian.6.5
Java(TM) Plug-in 1.4.2-b28 File name: libjavaplugin_oji.so Java(TM) Plug-in 1.4.2
Shockwave Flash File name: libflashplayer.so Shockwave Flash 6.0 r79
MozPlugger 1.4.2 File name: mozplugger.so
nppdf.so File name: nppdf.so
Default Plugin File name: libnullplugin.so
It's interesting to see my stats: I got linked to other NG's from responding to some miscreant crossposted messages, like voodoo and islamic whatever. Wunderbar.
dave
Brian wrote:

http://netscan.research.microsoft.com/ReportCard.asp?timespan=y&searchfor=rec.woodworking&searchdate 03

Interesting to note that the longest threads have nothing to do with WW So much for a WW site

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 18:15:05 -0700, "George M. Kazaka"

If you think about it, that makes sense. Most of the threads are so specific in nature, that there are fewer people with an interest in the topic. Start a religious, sport or political topic and lots of readers will respond. A moderated group would throw out the OT posts, but lengthen the time to get useful responses.
Phisherman wrote:

So who was it? That site just spun its wheels and never did anything. Probably because it's a Microsoft-hosted site and I'm using a Linux web browser. Microsoft really *hates* Linux for some reason.
Silvan wrote:

1. snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMswbell.net 2. jake@NOSPAMdi\/ersify.com 3. snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMsnet.net 4. someone snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMmicrosoft.com
7. snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMwi.rr.com 8. snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMknight-toolworks.com 9. snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMwebtv.net (Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT)
-- Mark
George M. Kazaka said:

I have noticed that myself. Ask a question about wood finishing and get three answers - on a good day. Offhandedly mention various body pains or Weapons of Mass Destruction, and the thread goes on, and on, and on... <g>
Greg G.
Yes, usually with the same half dozen self centered twits who think a couple of hundred (thousands?) others care.about whatever it is they are posting inane off topic post on.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net

Welcome to USENET. I've always thought it would be a good idea if threads would just self-destruct after either two weeks or 50 posts. I find that after either has passed, whether the original post was on-topic or not, no useful information is being transacted anyway.
todd
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 18:15:05 -0700, "George M. Kazaka"

I thought it was interesting that none of the top OT threads show up in my newsreader, thanks to some intelligent filtering and the fact that I hit ignore thread on any political topic.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com