Who owns the rec?

Oh no you don't!

Everybody knows _FLUFFY_ owns USENET.

Meow!

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

You wouldn't believe the problems that can show up as a result of using a Cabal Madam.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

there is no cabal...

Reply to
jo4hn

You're right, of course. But now I've probably gone and started an uncontrollable rumor or urban legend or something.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

If you could find my mind I'd be happy to let you play with it.

%69%20%6c%6f%76%65%20%77%6f%6f%64%77%6f%72%6b%69%6e%67%20%62%75%74%20%69%6d%20%63%72%61%70

Connor Aston

But largely ignored by the cognoscenti and the intelligentsia to the delight of the hoi polloi (original meaning).

FoggyTown

Reply to
foggytown

Shouldn't let things that small out by themselves.

[Sorry, that was just too good to pass up. :-) ]

Mark & Juanita

Greg G. wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ralph's mention of the "Great Renaming" gives you the hint. RFD's, charters, and FAQs didn't come into existance until after the renaming, so any group which existed at that time won't have one.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

I think it is from analogy to various bulletin boards that do have 'membership' of a sort.

Reply to
fredfighter