Who Manufactures WHAT?

Page 1 of 3

Wondering if anything is made in the US anymore?
Porter Cable
Milwaukee
Bosch
Delta = Black and Decker
Dewalt
Thanks, Rich
--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
evodawg said:

Delta, Dewalt, Porter-Cable, DeVilbiss, Oldham and FLEX are ALL now owned by Black and Decker. <sigh>
Bosch is still Bosch - German. Milwaukee is still Milwaukee - American - for the time being...
Still Made in the USA? Lawyers, slimy politicians, bad MBA's, and bombs. <g?>
Greg G.

Well....no longer.
Techtronics bought Milwaukee from Atlas Copco in January 2005.
TTI's brands??
Ryobi Milwaukee HomeLite Regina Royal Dirt Devil AEG VAX DreBo
Sucks, huh?
The Milwaukee rep assures me that Milwaukee remains autonomous in R&D and manufacturing.. and *IF* collaborating with another TTI company, it would be more likely be with the AEG/professional German tool side than the Ryobi/consumer side. AEG is a very serious pro tool company along the same lines as Festool and Metabo.
On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 22:04:43 -0500, Robatoy wrote:

If it's the same AEG I recall, they are (or were) also into computers. IIRC, they bought Modcomp, a realtime computer maker.
Larry Blanchard wrote:

AEG is into (almost) everything...
Robatoy said:

I knew they were being looked over but didn't know they had sold.
OMG! Yet _Another_ BORG Chinese Tool Manufacturer...

Hey, you forgot the John Deere Green Machine trademark...
I think I'm gonna puke...
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

My God, I should never have asked this question. I'm getting sick to my stomach as I type. What is the world of woodworking coming too?
Rich
--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Even American owned companies have been buying/re-branding Chinese tools for some time and sub-contracting out the manufacture of their own designs, too. It doesn't bother me as much WHERE the shareholders live as it does about who is manufacturing a product and what their commitment to quality and customer support is. One of the odd ways of viewing things that I see in this area is opposition to "foreign" Hondas made in Ohio and strong acceptance for "domestic" GM vehicles made in Canada. (I am in the US.) Right now, the top of my s***-list is Jenn-Air and I haven't turned them around to see where they were made, but I have 4 Jenn-Air appliances less than 5 years old that have all failed multiple times...and all cost more than "average" appliances.
George

Doesn't TTI also make the Ridgid tools for Home Depot?
Brian Elfert
Brian Elfert wrote:

Ridgid is part of Emerson Electric.
--
dadiOH
____________________________

Emerson quit making the power tools for Home Depot and they are now made by Techtronics. This happened close to two years ago IIRC.
I actually find the new Ridgid cordless tools to be quite nice and I bought a 12V drill. The cordless tools at least now have a lifetime service agreement.
Brian Elfert
Brian Elfert wrote:

And the Ridgid name on the power tools has nothing to do w/ the actual Ridge Tool Co...they just licensed the name.
Brian Elfert wrote:

I believe the only tool Emerson now makes for the Ridgid line is their shop vac's.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Brian Elfert wrote:

Until the Corp. is sold again. That's done like I change underware.
Rich
--
"you can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

You don't think Home Depot is going to take a beating if these service agreements aren't honored?
Regardless if Home Depot's name isn't on the agreement, they are the exclusive seller of the tools and they will have angry customers if the agreement isn't honored.
Brian Elfert
Ridgid licensed the power tool name to HD, I think. Currently, I believe all Emerson makes for them are vacuum cleaners.

Charles Self wrote:

No, HD is just a distributor. The licensing was to the Chiwanese -- it's been through at least two incarnations I know of.
Ryobi makes SOME of the Ridgid tools.
writes:

In article

I believe I read here that Metabo makes the Ridgid 5" random orb sander. I took a look and it's identical - down to the "Made in Germany" on the label.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
On 26/11/2005 12:14 PM, Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

Likewise for the 6" Ridgid ROS (2610).