Who makes custom router bits?

I have a profile of a piece that I picked up at the local BORG...it was jammed in a close out bin last piece, no labels, just $X per foot. Nothing with regards to its source. I scanned a profile, and made a CAD drawing of it.. The problem I'm having is locating someone to make a carbide bit, other than White Side and Wolf Carbide Company (no reply). I would appreciate it if you know of a business to toss my way that I could contact.

TIA

Reply to
DAC

Valley Machine Knife - Springfield Mass

Reply to
beecrofter

Valley Machine Knife - Springfield Mass

Check with Pat Warner.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

You can create most any profile with a few basic router shapes, plus you can build up several pieces. I made a 11" crown molding from 7 layers of wood--a lot cheaper than having one large custom bit (that could get damaged or could damage you).

Reply to
Phisherman

I have not...but that's not a bad idea...the profile isn't too difficult....and most can be hogged out with a table saw...it's just like everything...it's the details that count. Thanks for the idea...

Reply to
DAC