Who is on Facebook?

Page 1 of 3
Hello everyone,
I don't post on here much anymore, so many people have lost newsgroups, a lot of the old members are not around here anymore.
Are many of you on Facebook? I have been posting my works on there for friends and family to see.
Here is some of my recent work,
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150090131757741.276400.729937740&l 1982f890
If you are on Facebook and I "know" you, add me.
David Eisan - London, Ontario
Take care,
David.
David F. Eisan wrote the following:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150090131757741.276400.729937740&l 1982f890
Facebook? Isn't that one of those sites that are mainly frequented by women writing about every insignificant detail of their lives to other women while their husbands are tying up the home telephone for important calls? :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 5/16/2011 7:23 AM, willshak wrote:

What's a "home telephone"?? ;)
I'm with David, while there are a few here on FB, would be nice to see more.
It's like any other tool, social or otherwise ... the "friends" on FB are folks I've worked and played with in the music world, or increasingly, woodworking folks I've met here. The common denominator is sharing a common interest.
One of the advantages of FB is that it adds another dimension to those folks who post on the wRec that you would really like to know in person, but due to distance, find that a remote possibility. Also a great way to keep up with remote family and grand kids.
facebook.com/karl.caillouet
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Karl,
Just "requested" ya.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
"Swingman" wrote in message
Has it gotten any better? The first time tried it I recall having to relearnwehere everything was the next day, and the next, and....
On 5/16/11 8:37 AM, Swingman wrote:

trolls, now we have a private invite-only group on FB with about eight people trusted to be admins (read original members). 38 members on the group now, and a very lively community, more fun. on topic, no trolls etc.
The invite-only being the key, Karl if there is an interest, I can help you set it up, it took about a year to get to the point it is, first members have to friend a member, and then invited. There is a document on the page that links FB names to usenet names if people get confuzed, etc.
We are quite happy with it.
--
Froz...

A plus is that it tends to add civility to the general discourse ... I feel like the guys here who are also on FB are indeed "friends", we "know" each others wives, children, siblings, pets and, as much as mutually allowed, their interaction with same ... last thing you want to do is to get into a pissing contest with a friend here, or anywhere else.
--
www.ewoodshop.com

I agree that it certainly expands the interaction, in some ways even more so than a phone. UseNet is pretty darn shallow unless you bump into folks who one is more familiar with through FaceBook.
I am on the fence a bit as to what extent I am willing to go with it. My friends have most pertinent info on me already anyway, but not all know my shoe size. I like to see the faces of those I interact with, am always curious about their families, pets, hobbies, what they see when they look out their kitchen window.
My youngest's BFF just came home from an Italian student exchange after 3 months. As if she never left. My daughter threw a party for her in our back yard, and at one point, when the bonfire was low, I looked down from the deck, on that crowd of about 30, and saw at least 20+ little lit-up screens.... they were all together and STILL texting each other...<G>

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150090131757741.276400.729937740&l 1982f890
Mebbe. I say snipped-for-privacy@splinter.rogers.com is about to find out what David longs for but was always afraid to ask. Of course if you do mail snipped-for-privacy@splinter.rogers.com do ask if his wife is free. I am sure you will get a response from snipped-for-privacy@splinter.rogers.com saying his wife is in the freezer. Or some such other nonsense from snipped-for-privacy@splinter.rogers.com a Farcebin loser. george

I remember you, your name and your face. Saw you working a booth at the Toronto Woodworking Show several years back just before it changed to the fall DIY and Great Outdoors Show. It was about that time you mostly stopped posting to the Rec.

We have an account but it isn't "mine".
I participated in our high school's scholarship selection process this year. The school Principal warned some of the candidates about Facebook content. School administrators, counselors, grad school selection teams and employers are finding way to get access to Facebook material. Postings about last night's party, a hangover, drinking, or a conquest are ending up is student files; and in selection processes. A few months ago I watched an old co-worker get himself laid off because of less than discreet Facebook comments.
Yeah, I know there will be a rash of comments regarding privacy, lawsuits, etc. But at the end of the day, when you put it on the internet, it is on the internet.
RonB

No problem ... Finished school, before the dumbing down; too old to party too hard; any conquest at this point ain't worth the trouble; self employed.
--
www.ewoodshop.com

I had the biggest damn belly laugh when i read that I almost fell out of my chair. I can just SEE and HEAR you saying that.
All that was missing was a big **sigh** after that update.
All I would change to make that my profile is "seem to be tired a lot more lately".
Robert

We need a "like" button on the wreck. :-)
Luigi
I can't remember the exact phrase that Keith Bohn used to use several years ago, but something about "self destruct button" or a biblical reference to "smote with a vengance"
He always had some really sharp one liners.....
On 5/16/2011 6:49 PM, Luigi Zanasi wrote:

On Mon, 16 May 2011 07:45:32 -0400, "David F. Eisan"
https://www.facebook.com/mac.davis3

On 5/16/2011 6:45 AM, David F. Eisan wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150090131757741.276400.729937740&l 1982f890
OK guys and gals, is it working for you now?? ;~)
On 5/17/11 6:48 PM, Leon wrote:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150090131757741.276400.729937740&l 1982f890
Looks much better.
--