Who Has the Cool Outfeed Table?

Page 1 of 2
One of you guys showed pics of your outfeed table that folded up and/or extended or something cool like that.
My space is limited, so I need something that folds up and out quickly.
Who's was it? Can you post the pics again, so I can steal it. :-)
--

-MIKE-

Delta makes a collapsable outfeed table accessory. You could easily copy.
http://www.tools-plus.com/delta-50-302.html

SonomaProducts.com wrote:

I have that one. IMO, you could make one yourself that works better; I did that for the other side of the table saw to make it compatible for large panels. I posted about this one several years ago after buying it. My take on it was that this was the kind of project Delta gave to its newest engineers. It was difficult to assemble; not hard to understand, just physically difficult and really not very well thought out. Take a look at one in person if you can, it isn't a difficult project.

Rob Leatham

WoodSmith magazine has an article on building an out feed that folds down, you need to search their archives. I probably build it for my older saw 14-15 years ago. I sold that saw and again used it about 3 months ago, the table is still fine. Alternatively HTC makes a 15 roller out feed that folds down, I have had that out feed in the Jet version on my Jet for the past 10 years. I think I prefer the roller out feed as it indeed folds down relatively close to the saw, attaches strictly to the saw so you do not have to putz with legs if you move the saw, and with rollers vs. a solid top, it tends to stay clear and not become a catch-all surface.
http://www.htcproductsinc.com/outrs.html

I'll second that. It attaches easily, simply, and quickly and does a good job.
My saw has a fence that uses a rear rail in addition to the front rail. Will this roller outfeed still attach to the saw and clear the rear rail?
Russ

I'll second that. It attaches easily, simply, and quickly and does a good job.
Russ Stanton wrote:

"MOST" fence systems will have enough clearance. I'd contact HTC and ask about any specific one. Have dimensions handy when do, of course.
If it's one of the standard PM, Delta, Jet, etc., designs they'll have accounted for it; some of the imports perhaps not if it is unique or oversize compared to others.

YES! I have a Jet cabinet saw with the longer right extension table so it has the back rail to support the table. With the cabinet saw the out feed assembly bolts directly to the back saw cabinet. IIRC HTC makes them all a bit different for any particular saw. IIRC they do/did make one for contractor saws also.
Leon wrote: ...

There are different stands for various groups of models but the outfeed roller attachment is universal.
See my previous note instead of repeating it... :)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I love that, but it's about 150 percent what I paid for my saw. :-)
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote: ...

They wouldn't be terribly difficult to fabricate w/ an inexpensive roller set or two from Northern/Harbor/whoever. I've thought about it a lot but never gotten that particular round tuit, of course... :)
dpb wrote:

I've been down that road before, so I don't have to ask for direction, this time. :-)
I looked into the ball rollers, before, when I was going to make a stand, because they don't push the stock in one direction.
But in this case, with them being mounted perfectly perpendicular to the blade, it would be a benefit.
--

-MIKE-

I was going to mention also that the HCT out feed roller stand will support a sheet of plywood after ripping it. Basically you don't need some one on the other end to catch it to prevent it from tipping. That works for 8' boards also.
A little pricey but it is probably the last one you will need to purchace and it does not sag over time. It is definately an upgrade to any saw.
-MIKE- wrote:

Attaches easily, simply, quickly, does a good job, and is /really/ inexpensive:
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/OutfeedTable /
Not shown on that page, but I added miter slot extensions for a handy-dandy (simple/quick/good/inexpensive) crosscut sled:
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/CrosscutSled /
Poverty is the mother of invention. :)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Morris Dovey wrote:

Thanks. You're always good for the Occam's razor of jigs and accessories ideas.
--

-MIKE-

wrote:> Attaches easily, simply, quickly, does a good job, and is /really/

Yeah but how much was that Incra fence? ;!)
Leon wrote:

I saw that, too! :-) <drool>
--

-MIKE-

Leon wrote:

I saw that, too! :-) <drool>
--

-MIKE-

I was intereste in the fence at one time then I looked at how much room is required for a 50" rip capcity and the room required to store it when it is off the saw. You might want to take a look at that. ;~)
Leon wrote:

With the long rails, it was enough to hurt - seven years ago. Happily, it only hurt for a short while. :)
I still have the original rails, a set of longer Delta rails, and the original fence - and still don't like 'em.
The Incra fence and rails just made the job a little easier than it would have been with the original rails.
I suppose my carefully-kept secret is out - that by building as much as possible for myself, I've had a bit left over for some of the nice things I /couldn't/ build. :)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar