whitewash stained oak cabinets?

Hello,

I have a couple cabinet doors in my bathroom. They have an oak finish on them, and the finish is sort of rough.

I'm interested in changing the color to white. It seems that just painting them white is sort of crude.

I've heard of a "whitewash" finish. Can anybody tell me what this is? Do I need to strip the old finish off? What do I buy?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike

Minwax Pickling stain:

've used it with thier red and blue on pine to make "Antique-y americana type stuff" as my wife puts it.

Reply to
FriscoSoxFan

Give it a bit of testing, but you'll need to remove the old finish, apply the pickling stain and then put on polyurethane in the least glossy finish available.

Josie

Reply to
firstjois