White walnut?

are always asking each other if they have fed the dog breakfast, etc.; so I made up this sign to tell. It now shows that she must be fed dinner. When anyone feeds her, he will slide the cover over, showing that she must be let out for the night. And so on.

The neat thing is that it is entirely black walnut. The back and the knobs are sapwood. Well, I've never seen it before...

Reply to
Toller

Although most of us think "black walnut" when walnut is mentioned, I came accross something not too long ago that butternut is sometimes refered to as "white walnut".

Reply to
pat_edfischer

At least a couple of threads here within the last month or two might have been the place...

Butternut is a member of the walnut family, hence there's a basis for the name...

Reply to
dpb

Well, that is kinda why I thought my little project was interesting. Butternut is called white walnut, but it is actually cinnamon colored. Black walnut sapwood actually IS white; but you never see it because it doesn't exist commercially.

Reply to
Toller