WHite oak boards split at end

x-no-archive:yes
As I have mentioned, I have some kiln dired wough cut lumber from a flooring manufacturer. I sotred the boards on concrete blocks in a little crawl space area nect to my garage, It is under my dryer vent hose area. (Which leaks a little). I looked under there today and I noticed the ends of mose boards are splitting. They may have been like this when I got them I dont know. They are only an inch or two down the length of the board. Are these boards still good or will they continue to split even after I build something out of them and stain them?

Don't get them wet. They may or may not continue to split. I'd store kiln-dried wood in a dry location, not in a high-humid location.
x-no-archive:yes
Is this a high humid location where else could I store them? Phisherman wrote:

Stryped spoketh:

then Spoketh

Can you say TROLL ??
stryped wrote:

Oh, Goodness.... Do I have a reply that I will keep to my self.

Would that be a very high humidity location? Possibly dark and smelly, with a year-round ambient temperature of 98.6F?

White oak splits along the rays pretty easily. You've got it somewhere dryer than where it was, apparently, and have either reopened or begun new checks.
Store wood where you intend on using it. Oak with checks that stay closed only in the damp is "art," to be looked at, not wood to be used.

Indoors -- d'oh!
--
Regards,

You have to be carefwul with that wough lumber, it can be twicky stuff.
Hahahahha......
-- Elmer
Silly wabbit!
--