White bubbles and haze

Our table has a factory-applied stain and a lacquer finish. Over many years, the table has been polished many times with a liquid furniture polish and been subjected to normal wear-and-tear (i.e., spills, light scratches, etc).

Earlier this week, my wife brushed MinWax polyurethane on the legs and sides of the table. After the poly dried, she noticed a very white "haze" and a lot of small bubbles under the poly. (I assume the poly reacted with the underlying furniture polish).

Now, how can I remove the polyurethane and neutralize the polish so I can re-apply the poly?

Reply to
GARY