Whirlpool Surround - Grout Between Tile and Wood Trim

This might be a little off-topic for this group but I'm guessing I am not the first to encounter this. We are finishing the master bath in our new home and I'm working on the whirlpool tub surround. The tub deck is covered with porcelain tile that has been grouted with latex fortified grout. I have installed a decorative trim around the surround leaving a grout gap of about 1/4" between tile and the oak trim.
Question is: Should I use the tile grout in this area or a latex tub/ tile caulk? I think the grout would look good between the wood and tile but I'm concerned about staining the wood and the grout cracking.
Thanks for suggestions.
RonB

The wood *will* expand & contract and the grout will fail. Caulk.
Limp Arbor wrote:

What he said. I've had great success with this stuff... http://www.idealtruevalue.com/servlet/the-52116/Detail
The small aerosol can is great, because it is easy to get in and around tight spaces, and gives you better control because you're holding it down by the tip. Not having to constantly squeeze a trigger, alone, makes it worth it.
Also, this stuff will NOT grow mold or fungus.
--

-MIKE-

...there are "grout-like" products that will help you in this situation...Custom (which HD carries) makes a squeeze-tube "Polyblend Ceramic Tile Caulk" formulated for use around tubs and countertops. It has a texture like hard grout, but will afford the flexibility needed between dissimilar surfaces. If you use hard grout it will crack along the wood edge. Make sure your wood is sealed and finished REAL good.
cg
Hey - Thanks to All. I am going to use the same colored tub/tile caulk that I used between the tub and deck tile; and between the wall tile and the deck surface tiles. Should maintain a good flexible closure.
RonB