which to buy - Milwaukee or Makita angle drill?

Page 2 of 2

The Bosch that someone suggested seems at bit of a light-weight: http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tools-detail?H 5973&GT911&IT992&T=1
I really can't justify the Milwuakee HH's price for the small amount of work that I do. It's >USD100 more than the 3107-6. I use decent spade bits rather than augers, btw.
When the 379's gears first went, I was told that I shouldn't have been using it as a screw-driver (100s of 3" #8 coated) so I've only used it to drill holes (95% 5/8") since. It's rated as 1/2" capacity in steel - but nothing online or in the manual about wood. It seems reasonable to expect the capacity to be larger in wood. The manual also tells you how to drive screws, thus belieing the original repair rep (not a Milwaukke repair centre anymore). Looks like Mil. underengineered?
Can't imagine finding a HH at a garage sale though.
So does anyone have an opinion of the Mil 3107-6? I haven't seen any comments on it.
ciao N.