Which saw for dados

I would like to build some items (bookcases, buffet, dressers) out of oak boards that I got. My experience with a tablesaw (King) is that I have trouble doing nice straight cross-cuts on narrow and long boards, as well as dados on such boards.
I tried building a sleigh to hold the wood, it helps but is not great.
I was looking into a radial-arm saw but a few people told me that they are hard to adjust precisely and they always have some loose play left so they do not make nice clean and straigth cuts.
Any ideas?
May I make a few suggestions?
maybe your problem is not your table saw, if you can have an easier way to do your dados perhaps you would be please and you wouldn't have to spend big bucks in a radial saw..... -If you add a sliding table to your saw, that might be easier? and it can be use for all sort of other cut too :-) -dados with a router?
just my $0.02 good luck
--
Mike

as
++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Dados on 6-7 or 8 foot long lumber is not that easy on most Tablesaws.. And without a Radial Arm saw the best way is to use a router...a simple jig for the router will make the task pretty easy...
Heck I own a Crapsman RAS that I purchased new in the late 60's that I usually use for dado cuts...this saw is most likely the worst of the breed (RAS) BUT it is not at all hard to adjust ..
And it will make precise cuts ..
HOWEVER it will not hold these adjustments very long IF you do everything on it... Mine has not moved off 90 degrees in 25 years and honestly dispite what everyone says I have no problems doing dados' with it...
The ONLY reason I still own the saw is because it does such a good job on dado cuts....THE ONLY REASON ! otherwise it would have been history years ago and would have been replaced with some configuration of a Miter Saw..
Use a router... and be done with it ...
Bob Griffiths
RC wrote:

Have you considered using a router instead? I've used my radial arm saw for dados but I actually prefer my router. You can build a jig to speed things along quite easily.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@BARFcarolina.rr.com

hard to adjust precisely and they always have some loose play left so they do not make nice clean and straight cuts.
If you purchase one of the older DeWalts they hold their adjustment and aren't loose and can do everything your TS can do and more.
(Did any of you expect a different comment from me???) LOL
--
Rumpty

Thanks for the suggestions! I will explore the router route....