Which Router/Lift combo to buy

Ok,

Been working on setting up my shop, darned near bought a second delta

36-444 contractor saw today for $225 and 16" Delta bandsaw for $100, but couldn't convince SWMBO that I needed two TS and two Band Saws, but I sure would be nice to keep one TS loaded up with a dado stack I'll be using in a project and the other saw with my combo blade so I can cut here, groove there, cut here...

After searching the group on the Delta RouterShaper (benchtop), I decided against buying it (price $100.00) and instead to get another router and router lift combo to put into the router table.

Any recommendations so I can start searching with a little second hand experience behind me?

Tillman

Reply to
tillius

My only experience is with the Benchdog. It works very well and is extremely accurate and holds the setting. Best price I found was at

Two models available depending on what size router you will be using.

It comes with a speed wrench for adjusting and moving it up for bit changing. I use it for fine adjustments but use my cordless drill to run it up and down fast for bit changing and rough adjustment. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

After debating for a number of months on the same scenario, I bought a router razier and am quite happy with it. Took me just a bit longer than the instructions indicate to install it into my TR12 Hitachi, but it works great and the difference between a lift and the TR12 would buy you the second router.

Alan

Reply to
Alan W

Bench dog bolted to the bottom of this router table top:

************************************************> Ok,

Reply to
Routerman P. Warner

How long have you had this router?

Reply to
Leon

Leon, I have had one since they first arrived - over a year ago. Has been in a table ever since, so can not comment on hand held use (it is a BIG sucker). I have done panels, etc and a LOT of dovetails/box joints/incra work. Whether swinging big bits or doing fine shavings it has performed flawlessly.

I am going to buy at least one more.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Richardson

I am in the market to replace my 14 pound Bosch 1611 router that has been hanging up side down for the last 15 years. It is a plunge router with single speed and no decent way of accurately making minute adjustments. I can adjust the router to where I want it to be but letting go and engaging of the lock lever causes the router to always move out of adjustment. I have read that there have been similar problems on the early Tritons. I was wondering if there were any other problems. Thanks.

Reply to
Leon

I am looking to replace a, "Still working Fine", 15 year old Bosch with less features.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
JGS

Leon

Leon,

I have had my Triton for about 2 years now and I still love it. When the first model was introduced it had 2 problems.

First, because of the way the rack and pinion plunge mechenism was designed, when hung in a table, it could bind, making that system useless. This is what happened to mine.

Second, the power switch is designed with a sliding window for safety, but would short out after dust collected in there. That also happened to mine.

They redesigned the posts to prevent binding and they added a dust hood around the switch. The bigger issue is that they're customer service is second to none. See my previous post:

adjust the height in table use, reach one hand down, and turn the winder knob. That gives you rough adjustment. You can then use the fine adjustment knob to fine tune. The obvious downside is that you can't adjust from above the table.

If you have any questions about this router, email me. I'd be happy to give you my $.02.

Chuck

Reply to
WoodChuck34