Which Penofin Color looks nice for Pressure Treated Deck?

Hey there, all. Could anyone post or send me pics/links of their deck stained with Penofin? What wood and which Penofin pigment did you use?
1. My new deck has pressure treated wood with a slight hint of green. Do I really need to use the Penofin stain specific for pressure treated wood? Or can use Penofin's red label for max protection and longevity. 2. Which Penofin color would you recommend for pressure treated wood? I think I'd prefer a reddish cast. 3. Is it recommended to apply Penofin to the railings/balusters or even a pergola? The task of wiping on and wiping off seems to make it impractical and tedious. Perhaps it'd be best to use a semi-transparent stain (like Cabot) for the railings and other details other than the decking boards.
Any other advice and tips for easier/better staining would surely be appreciated.
Thanks, Zee
tell you what.. ALL PENOFIN COATINGS FAIL IN 18 MO. here in the north east we have had lots of trouble with clears and toners only thing to use on a deck is deck stain even then your gonna do it every year if you want it to look really good

"fsteddie" <epearlatprexardotcom> wrote in message

I can't speak for his application, but I know the penofin that I did my entire cabin in is doing very well, 5 years after application. The cabin is located at 8600 ft. in Northern New Mexico (read: lots of UV and a fair bit of moisture). Contractor's in the area, as well as Albuquerque, swear by the stuff and it's worked well for me so far. Can't help with the pressure treated/color question. Cheers, cc

on Ipe and it won't even go 12 months here in the wet Northwest. My application techniques were exactly what the factory called for and done inside my shop. On broad , flat surfaces that will allow water to stand, the coating goes away very fast. I think the very best application for Penofin would be on vertical surfaces that won't have any chance for standing water. For sure don't use it on any surface that people can rub against, I did a work table for a friend of mine out of Ipe, coated with penofin and he's already ruined 2 pair of pants.
Ed Angell
Penofin can send you samples wood stained with their products. Get the ones that are meant for pressure treated wood. They are designed to deal with the green color. You can use any of the proper Penofin products but the ones for pressure treated wood do a good job of dealing with the green.
As for the longevity of the product, I am in the Mid-Atlantic and have not had any problems with fading before several years have elapsed. It is on the pricey side but it looks better than other products.
Good Luck.