Which Jointer?

Got it down to a Delta DJ 30 or an Oliver 12 incher. Which one would you get? SH
Slowhand wrote:

Never used either, but there may be a chance the Delta is still American-made. The Oliver is made in Taiwan. None of it remains from the original Oliver 12-incher. Sunhill bought the name (and color) only. The castings to the original still belong to Eagle Machinery in Grand Rapids, MI, which is the former Oliver.
Then again, you probably already knew that...

An old Stanley #8?
Patriarch
Personally, I'm rather fond of my Stanley but I guess you want something that will up your power bill.

If it means anything, I bought a DJ-20 in January and I am very pleased with what I can do with it. It replaced an old Jet 6 inch.
Marc

I am no collector, I buy for useage. Mine is a type 9 and 10 hybrid, it has a type 10 frog receiver but no frog adjuster. I was able to get it for only $50, then Mike_ in_Katy restored it, new japanning and cherry tote and knob, Hock blade and cap iron. Just for use though, no antique value. Sacrilege?
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com