Which HVLP (under $750) do you think is best?

...for spraying lacquers mostly. I know there was a review of these in a major mag within the last 6 months, but I can't recall which mag. Which unit would you consider best? I'd like one that is easy to use inside a cabinet. should it be a non-bleeder?
Follow-up question: where can I get one (new) at a good price?
TIA
dave

For a guy who can't even remember to put a bottom in a drawer he builds?
Get a can of Deft.

Dave, who did your homework for you in high school?
My APOLLO falls in that price range and I LOVE IT !!
Bay Area Dave wrote:

-- I AM NOT PARANOID .. .. .. but EVERYONE thinks I am !! !! !!
<<<__ Bob __>>>
Hi David, I have a Turbinaire and I think it is great. I also purchased the small bottle adapter for small projects or tight spots and find it works well. However, as I have not used any other HVLP system I cannot comment on how it compares. As to the bleeder vs non-bleeder, it seems to be another version of the right vs left tilt discussion. From my research it seems that those that have used a conventional spray system a lot are more at home with a non-bleeder as it replicates what they are use to. However, I find the bleeder OK and find it convenient to give the piece one final dusting before finishing. And you will learn quite quickly not to keep the gun pointed at the finished piece once you have applied the finish as this will accelerate drying in that area. Cheers, JG
Bay Area Dave wrote:

For comedy relief, HF sells an HVLP system for around a hundred bucks; seventy when it goes on sale which is about every other month.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumberD677
Is it a high-end commercial unit ? At that price, are you kidding ?
Does it have all the commercial bells and whistles ? Well, the turbine does make a sort of whistling noise . . . almost.
Will it compete with the high-end commercial units ? Only if the contest is limited to how far you can throw them.
OTOH it works as advertised, isn't _too_ noisy, is fairly compact, and doesn't _cost_ your first-born.
Suits my needs, but I'm no cabinetmaker. Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com
O-Gee Paint Co. (on the web) has Graco and others. They have the best pro pricing I have seen.
--
Ross
www.myoldtools.com