Which are the best type of drawer glides??????????

I bought some Blum drawers glides the other week. They are the under mount type. I picked them because they don't obstruct the dovetails but they can be a bit tricky to install, the thickness of the material used for the drawers de terming the size of the drawers. Are there other quality glides out there that will give me the same benefits that are a little easier to install? Mike
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.net wrote:

Haven't found them. It will be interesting to me, too to see what turns up..
bob g.
If you build the drawer to fit the hole in the cabinet and add a couple of wooden runners to the cabinet under the drawer sides, you do no need any drawer slides. When I build using dovetails I try my best not to use any metal pieces at all to guide drawers even if they will not show. I try to only use metal slides on kitchen and bathroom cabinets unless a drawer is going to be carrying a lot of weight.

Try wwhardware.com for comparisons.
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 03:02:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.net wrote:

(SNIP)

If better quality drawer slides are available I haven't found them. Earl Creel

http://www.blum.com/usa/en/03/03/index.jsp ;jsessionid00ULriS-9h5UrbkGWSSNz3vmB:-1
woodstuff

Any particular Blum slide, he is already using a Blum slide.