Which Accu-fence should I keep?

I just purchased a 4-year-old 5hp PM-66 that had the rails cut down to 24". I was able to buy(steal) all the accessories for the 1660812K saw
on ebay for a great price including everything from the 50" rails to the router lift and cabinet. The problem I have now is what to do with the leftover items I have. In particular I now have two sizes of the accu-fance. One is about 4" longer than the other. I believe the longer is comparable to the Besi commercial fence and was made for the PM72 saw. Anyone know the advantages/disadvantages of the longer fence? The ony possiable dis avantage I can see is that I may not be able to use a rear fence lock. That is not a problem as I don't own one nor plan to use it. I only wood work for a hobby and never plan to do production work with the saw.

Keep and or use the longer one, it will provide more support for larger boards and or panels when ripping.
Leon wrote:

Thanks Leon. That is what I was thinking. I guess I just wanted someone to agree. If anyone needs a great new fence and short rails check on ebay for Powermatic or Accu-fence. I also have a spare motor cover for a PM-66 if anyone needs it.