Which 6" jointer?

Wait for it if you can; it's worth it. I have had mine for several years and have been very pleased with it.

I would recommend to anyone who is buying his first jointer to get Taunton's video on tuning a jointer. The video certainly makes setting up and using the jointer a lot more understandable.

Dick Durbin Tallahassee

Reply to
Dick Durbin

I don't think they are dicking you around. The same thing happened to me last year. It's just that they wait for the next shipment and sell them all before they even arrive (that's my impression). I imagine that's one way they keep the cost so low and the quality good. I love mine. It was worth the wait.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Mahaney

If you have seen the Delta and like it, look up the Yorkcraft at Wilke Machinery. I have one, and like it. sells for 299 + shipping.

Jim Kirby

N> I have settled on getting a jointer next and I'm looking for some advice on

Reply to
James T. Kirby

Thanks for your opinion. Unfortunately Wilke charges over $100 for shipping, so that rules them out. I'm only halfway across the country from them, so I can't imagine what it must cost to ship something all the way to the east coast.

Reply to
NoNameAtAll

They have had "sales" on shipping at times. But, 299 + 100 = 399. Delta is 549 Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I have the Yorkcraft to, love it......

Reply to
Tony

Hi, I live in Knoxville, TN, shipping from the warehouse in PA to here was $82.

Reply to
Tony

"Tony" wrote in news:yWSRb.395$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net:

That's odd...I live half that distance (Manassas, VA) from them and it cost me $88! I bought the Bridgewood, but I can't imagine it making that much diff.

Reply to
Anonymoose

Many of these companies will deliver anywhere for a set price. See Grizzly for examples of "anywhere in the country for $XX". Wilke does the same thing from what I know. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You're right about Grizzly, but I don't think Wilke does it that way. I had to tell them my ZIP code. Then they came back a few moments later with a shipping price that was more than $100. People from around the country have reported several different shipping rates from Wilke.

Reply to
NoNameAtAll

It is odd, not sure why though.

Reply to