Which 6" jointer?

Page 2 of 2
On 22 Jan 2004 14:57:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comAntiSpam (NoNameAtAll) wrote:
Too bad your price range is so low. I have a surplus DJ15 (because I bought a DJ20) that I'm planning on selling. However, I'm not going to give it away. Of course you would have to live near NE Florida, too, as I don't intend to ship it.
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
I just posted a 6" sears craftsman jointer / plainer for 300.00 . but i ami north east michigan. very little use . sells for 589.99 new
If you have seen the Delta and like it, look up the Yorkcraft at Wilke Machinery. I have one, and like it. sells for 299 + shipping.
Jim Kirby
NoNameAtAll wrote:

--
James T. Kirby
Center for Applied Coastal Research

Thanks for your opinion. Unfortunately Wilke charges over $100 for shipping, so that rules them out. I'm only halfway across the country from them, so I can't imagine what it must cost to ship something all the way to the east coast.

They have had "sales" on shipping at times. But, 299 + 100 = 399. Delta is 549 Ed
Hi, I live in Knoxville, TN, shipping from the warehouse in PA to here was $82.
Tony

That's odd...I live half that distance (Manassas, VA) from them and it cost me $88! I bought the Bridgewood, but I can't imagine it making that much diff.
"Anonymoose" <Ihatespam> wrote in message

Many of these companies will deliver anywhere for a set price. See Grizzly for examples of "anywhere in the country for $XX". Wilke does the same thing from what I know. Ed

You're right about Grizzly, but I don't think Wilke does it that way. I had to tell them my ZIP code. Then they came back a few moments later with a shipping price that was more than $100. People from around the country have reported several different shipping rates from Wilke.
It is odd, not sure why though.
Anonymoose <Ihatespam> wrote in message

I have the Yorkcraft to, love it......
Tony