Where to mount drawer slides

I have built a pair of drawers that are to ride on a pair of Accuride drawer slides. This is my first time using them. The drawers are 5" high. My question is what is the best location to mount the slides on the drawers, top, bottom, middle or where? What are the prosd and cons of the different locations? TIA

Reply to
mike

Really, any where you want. HOWEVER for me and the hundreds I have installed I have resorted to the non measuring method. I mount the cabinet side of the slide on top of the face frame lower rail for that opening and at the bottom of the drawer. I cut a story stick the same height as the top face frame opening to hold the back end of the slide up while I screw it into the cabinet and repeat for the other side. From there I cut the story stick shorter for the next drawer down and so on.. The drawer needs to be about 3/8 - 1/2" shorter than the opening.

Reply to
Leon