Where to get posidrive tip/bit set?

Page 1 of 2

I didn't see any posidrive at Home Depot, and am becoming surprised at how little I'm finding online. So far about the best I've done is:
http://www.wihatools.com/indexes/indxpozi.htm http://www2.northerntool.com/product-1/200320565.htm
Does anyone know of more options?
I got a free posidrive bit when I bought some deck screws there once. It might be marketed under a different brand name.
United We Stand! Power to the People! Walk Gently On Mother Earth..
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:11:46 -0500, dh@. wrote:

"Pozidriv" as a search term will get more hits, since that's the actual trademarked name used by the Phillips Screw Company for the product. You'll find them at most automotive tool suppliers (including quite a few auto parts stores) both by themselves and as part of various driver bit assortments. Although Home Depot does not list them on their website, the bits are present in a number of the tool sets they sell. I'm not sure that they have a bit set that's just Pozidriv, though; it's hard to say without going to a specific store because Home Depot's website does not list anything close to the same selection as their stores carry.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
I have a set of B&D bits that includes Pozidrv.
On 03/11/06 12:11 pm dh@. wrote:

Best source for any screws and drivers http://www.mcfeelys.com/subcat.asp?sidI1
http://www.mcmaster.com/ page 2679

dh@. wrote:

call Snap On, 1-800-TOOLS-4-U
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
dh@. wrote:

equipment. What will you drive with it?
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:11:46 -0500, dh@. wrote:

Then try a tool shop instead.
Or else take a Phillips bit and then grind the tip off. This isn't an accurate Pozidriv form, but it's close enough for most jobs, and most of the "pozidrive" screws (i.e. not Phillips or Reed) you encounter these days aren't true Pozidriv form anyway.
Wiha or Snap-on do the best hex inserts

I bought a cheap set of Stanley "Fat Max" screwdrivers, 10 or so, at Wally World, and at least 2-3 of them are posidrive, 3-4 Philips and the rest flat. I have a good few British tools anyway, and there's no shortage of posidrive amongst them. I guess they're a slightly more modern design and hence generally anathema to the American outlook on things, in the main, though...
Simon Cooper wrote: I guess they're a slightly more modern design and

Don't make us come over there, Simon.
dh@. wrote:

I always shop for "Negadrive", because I just know I'm going to screw it up.
Bill "rimshot goes here" S.

Now, that's what I call a realistically positive attitude. (I've always made a point of answering any "you've got to think positive" crap with something to the effect of "I'm positive that if I take your advice, things are going to get a lot worse.")
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
In rec.crafts.metalworking dh@. wrote:

I'm pretty sure I see them at Sears.
On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:11:46 -0500, dh@. wrote:

McFeeley's?
auto-parts store.
auto-parts store.
Both Snap-On and Mac have wonderful Pozidrive assortments. If correctly sized and used ONLY to drive pozi screws, they have an amazingly long life.
Snap-On (and I bet also Mac...) carries them in 1/4" drive bits for magnetic screwdrivers too.
For those not familiar, Pozi head screws are used quite a bit, have been for many years. However, most folk don't have a clue about them, and just think they are poorly manufactured/fitting Phillips heads. A good set of Pozi's will really put a big smile on your face. If you Google a little, you will quickly find how to visually identify Pozi heads and driver bits. Also, using Pozi only with Pozi, and Phillips only with Phillips will make both last much longer, and produce far fewer honked screw heads.
Erik