where to find bamboo

hello,
I am looking for bamboo boards to make sushi sets (roughly 12" by 8") peices in 3/4 thikness...
does anyone know where to find something like that? near boise would be even better!
thanks, cyrille
cyrille de Brebisson wrote:

No idea who might stock it near Boise, but dags for "plyboo"...

I saw a new addition of some bamboo boards at the Rockler store in Tinley Park, Illinois. About 3/4" thick and I think about 8' long by 10" wide. Maybe call them and see if they will ship it.
http://www.rockler.com/retail/index.cfm?store $
-Jim
carbonejim wrote:

Musta been some whopper of a bamboo tree! Was the center 8" missing?
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Yep, haha. Talk about big bamboo - I read on Wikipedia that some varities could grow an entire meter per day and up to 100 feet tall. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamboo) Hate to mow that grass. They said you can almost watch the stuff shoot out of the ground. Now if that isn't a sustainable crop, I don't know what is.
The board actually looks like a particle board, except the "grain" is very straight and fine. I guess it's called "pressed bamboo." So the bamboo fibers are long and straight. The board felt a little bit like plastic to me. After I posted I was wondering how the material would take on a finish. Here is what it looked like:
http://www.totallybamboo.com/index.cfm?fuseaction tegory.display&category_idy
Pieces of approximately that size have been showing up in supermarkets on the East Coast. They're sold as cutting boards in the cheese section.
J.