Where to Donate a Wood Shop

For health and safety reasons my woodworking days are over. If I keep the tools available I will be tempted to use them. This could be dangerous. Does anyone know of a good organization to donate these to? I am talking about table saw, planer, joiner, chopsaw,...
Thanks for any and all help.

----------------------------------------------------- Where are you located?
Lew

Local high school shop class?
NW New Jersey.

You could always donate it to me. Central NJ..
No seriously, most schools are not even doing woodworking. I would see if the Y wants them, maybe they have a program.
You could sell them and donate the money to anygroup.
Also talk to the religious groups in town, see if there is any down on their luck contractor, or person who needs to fix up their home.
--
Jeff

Another option might be Habitat for Humanity. Atleast for some of your tools.
------------------------------------- I think I would talk to Goodwill, the VFW, Volunteers of America or similar organization.
They are probably best able to address any potential liability issues as well as handle your tools as a package.
Lew

I'd second the idea of selling them and using those proceeds for some charitable organization as probably most practical altho the idea of finding an organization seem a good idea.
On that side, surely Habitat for Humanity has some stuff of their own? Perhaps a local branch? I really know nothing of their actual organizational process--worked on a couple of builds but wasn't enough into the directed unskilled labor instead of actually doing something w/ a skill set that seemed the norm there that I continued...

dpb wrote:

Around here they take anything building related. What they can't use they sell in their thrift store.
--
 GW Ross

 I got lost in thought, it was
Hello, I saw this in the news group and sent the info. to my brother-in-law. He works for a Christian Organization and does many donations, and helps with many orphanages etc. He is also working in Mexico with poverty and orphanages..... just a thought. john
wrote in message
For health and safety reasons my woodworking days are over. If I keep the tools available I will be tempted to use them. This could be dangerous. Does anyone know of a good organization to donate these to? I am talking about table saw, planer, joiner, chopsaw,...
Thanks for any and all help.
Habitat for humanity.

Retirement community?
Son-in-laws grandparents live in a good-sized one in the Twin Cities that is equipped... mainly by the residents with a nice shop with many of the tools you have to offer.
Look around your area for a similar operation not so well-equipped (yet<g>) that could use some tools?
On Fri, 16 May 2014 13:25:22 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Peters Valley pvcrafts.org

The OP may run into the same type of problem I did. I've got a club quality exercise machine that I tried to donate to a local hospital physiotherapy department. (They already had a similar type of the same machine).
Anyway, after a short discussion, they refused my donation offer because of possible culpability from accepting used equipment should any injury occur from using it.

Try asking the businesses that you bought them from or like businesses. They are asked for donations all the time.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

In Australia we have old mens sheds (just google)If you have similar places you could donate there.
On Friday, May 16, 2014 2:56:49 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Look for a local retirement community. They may have a room available for individuals that would like to do woodworking but who do not have room in their apartments for the equipment. However, they would need to establish liability problems first.
I know that I would like this and may donate mine when I give up the house.
Len