Where to buy wood, Ocala, FL

The Wood Shop on Baseline is out of business. Who else got wood around here? Right now I'm looking for some maple boards.

Good luck. The closest places I've found for hardwoods are in Orlando. There is a pretty good lumber supplier in Lakeland (Hardwood Lumber and Millwork), and one in Edgewater (Chipmunk). For Cypress try Griff's in Gainesville. The Bushnell Sawmill will KD lumber and lists some local hardwood species, but no maple, ditto for the Cracker sawmill in Williston.
Miller and Sons in Port Orange will have it, but you may have to wait up to several weeks to get it. They mill/dry the wood in their sawmill (I think in Ohio or somewhere up that way) and then the owner drives a small trailer load to his house in Port Orange. Call them (937-336-2008) to order what you want and they will let you know when their next trip down is. (minimum order is about 25 bd ft. ...their prices are very reasonable.). I have purchased some walnut from them as was very satisfied with the quality and price.
I realize that most of the places I mentioned are at least 50 miles from Ocala but they're the closest I've found. If, in your search you do find a supplier near Ocala, please share it. Thx
Mike G
MikeG wrote:

Mike is right ! ! The Villages Woodworking Club gets a lot of wood from Miller & Sons. The club orders it from them and they deliver it when they come to their store in Port Orange. It is sold in 25 bd/ft bundles and all I have seen is real nice stuff. Clean, straight, knot free and wrapped in like a saran wrap. Prices are reasonable too.
Here's what they have:
Ash, Basswood, Cherry, Maple Hard, White Oak, Red Oak, Poplar, Walnut Sold in 25 Board Feet Bundles Only
Charlie
There is a woodworkers store on rt25 between Belleview and Silver Springs. I have always wanted to stop there and check it out but it never seems to be the right time when I'm going by with my camper in tow. Don't know if they carry hardwoods but may be worth a try.
Stew Dunedin, Florida

I'm pretty sure that's the place that he says is closed.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite