Where to buy stains and dyes?

Rockler's got almost nothing in their catalog. What's a good place online for buying wood finishing stuff?
TIA Norm
Norm, Due to limited catalog space we don't have a lot of finishing supplies in our printed catalog. However, we do have more to offer at our website www.rockler.com as well as a more extensive line at our retail store locations if you are near any that you can stop in for a visit. Steve Technical Support snipped-for-privacy@rockler.com www.rockler.com Rockler Woodworking and Hardware
Norm Dresner wrote:

I'd suggest, then, that you at least put a note in the catalog to that effect. If you hadn't responded here, I'd never have known that.
Norm
| www.rockler.com | Rockler Woodworking and Hardware | | Norm Dresner wrote: | > Rockler's got almost nothing in their catalog. What's a good place online | > for buying wood finishing stuff? | > | > TIA | > Norm |
On 3 Apr 2006 12:22:46 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@rockler.com wrote:

Steve...
It's nice to know that Rockler, like other companies, has a presence in the NG... thanks for responding so quickly..
Mac

Rockler, as indicated, does have them. Also others, like http://www.homesteadfinishing.com / http://www.woodworkingshop.com / http://www.woodworkingshop.com /
and so forth.
Norm Dresner wrote:

Lockwood has a good selection. http://www.wdlockwood.com/main.html
snipped-for-privacy@worldemail.com says...

Lockwood is the best IMO for selection and price on the web.
--
All the best,

Michael Mastin
Curly Woods wrote:

Their store in NY is quite an experience. It's like walking into one of those now extinct old time hardware stores where there's a feel of age and experience in the place and the people actually know what the hell they're talking about. Like an inverse of Home Depot. ;)
Woodcraft handles the transtint water soluble dyes. Unless you have a scale, get the kind that is predisolved. I use a 10 ml syringe to measure out test batches a and scaled up batches.

I suggest that you use Homestead Finishing. IMO Jeff Jewitt is at the top of the finishing pyramid and really know his products.
http://www.homesteadfinishing.com/

I ditto the above. Homestead has been great to work with and Jeff's great at offering help too (via his bulletin boards). Cheers, cc