where to buy hardwood in Albuquerque

Looking for typical random widths & lengths of red oak, mahogany, birch for furniture projects, in 4/4 to 8/4 rough thicknesses. Also furniture grade plywood. TIA, F
Try Albuquerque Hardwoods, better prices than Ore- Pac.
Bill
fireant wrote:

And better customer service too! Otherwise, check the yellow pages. There isn't much available here..... Cheers, cc
On Sun, 28 May 2006 12:08:40 -0600, fireant wrote

Albuquerque Hardwoods for the domestic stuff. Go to Ore-Pac for the Mahogany (bring a crowbar)
-Bruce
What about Woodcraft? I noticed that they have a store in Albuquerque.
I'll be driving down to Albuquerque in a couple weeks to see "Stomp" at PopeJoy theater. I figured that while down there, I'll give myself a few hours to browse the wood supply stores. I was going to visit Woodcraft. Their website makes it look pretty good ... but never having been there, I really can't say.
Jack
Bruce wrote:

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote in message

It's a pretty good place to browse etc... but their prices are pretty steep. Woodwise, their prices are usually way steep and their stock is pretty minimal. If you want to "browse" woods, swing by OrePac. They have a decent showroom with most of the varieties they carry. The other places really don't have a showroom but if you like wandering warehouses, ABQ Hardwoods is ok (I personally prefer to buy from them but I usually know what I'm after too). Now if I could just find someone in this town that carries Ipe! Cheers, cc
I found OrePac on the Internet and got their Albuquerque address. But I can't find "Albuquerque Hardwood". Is that the name of the store? Would you happen to have their address?
Jack
James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote in message

Here ya go:
Albuquerque Hardwood Lumber Company 4100 2nd St N W Albuquerque 87107 (505) 344-8856
Here's another that I've never heard of so YMMV:
Smith & Sons Hardwood 7710 Menaul Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110 - 4645
(505) 294-8830
If you visit that second one, report back what you find! Cheers, cc
. Now if I could just find someone in this town that

I went through that. I only needed a few (20) bf for a bench. A place in Phoenix (google "hardwood" + "phoenix") had a UPS bundle for a better price than I could do anywhere else. It seems the best prices/deals are back east but shipping would be a killer.
-Bruce

On Wed, 31 May 2006 17:33:44 -0600, Bruce wrote

Oops! add "ipe" to that search and you'll find woodworkerssource.net. At the time they had it on sale and it came to about $6/bf. delivered. Seems now to be about $11 (ouch!)
-Bruce