Where the heck to buy shellac flake

Page 2 of 2
replying to Glenn de Souza,

Hmmmm, there is a message there perhaps.
Sort of like the old story: Cheap Fast Good Pick any two

Or the guy explaining to another how he used to give discounts to all of his customers right up until he went out of business. Without a good gross profit the more important net profit needed, to keep the doors open, is impossible.
On 7/25/2015 8:21 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Quality is like oats. If you want good quality oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you are willing to settle for oats that have already been through the horse, those come a bit cheaper."
Will Rogers, Jr.
On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 06:33:46 -0500, Unquestionably Confused

The problem is that all too often, one pays front-end prices for back-end product.

If I remember correctly, when O'Deen started shellac.net he wasn't really intending to make a profit at it. He had developed an enthusiasm for shellac finishes on his own work, and found a source who'd sell him shellac in bulk, so he was mainly looking for a way to get rid of the excess.
I doubt you'd find shellac for much less than $25 now, except maybe for the darkest grades.
John
On Monday, August 1, 2005 at 8:02:20 PM UTC-5, Glenn de Souza wrote:

I am really surprised no one recommended the Shellac Shack. Prices are good, quality is good and the shipping fast.