Where's Home Depot

No, Lowes isn't the greatest in the world, but so far it's topped all my HD experiences.

That varies from store to store. If I go tot he Worcester stores, HD has the edge. In the Manchester stores, Lowes does. At that location they are right across the street from each other.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news:22061-41FE6538-55@storefull-

3151.bay.webtv.net:

My local hardware guy runs this kind of place. Smart folks, who pay attention. Good selection, with answers on what I really need. He's my first alternative, and not only because he's 4 blocks away.

Lowe's is 20 miles. Buying a washing machine from them was an interesting experience, but it beat the heck out of Sears.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

snip

The guys in the yard at our Lowes usually couldn't find the washer we had bought so we were upgraded to the next larger for the same price. Huge tub, with only 2 of us, usually, to fill it. Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Wed, Feb 2, 2005, 10:41am (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcast.dot.net (Patriarch) says: My local hardware guy runs this kind of place. Smart folks, who pay attention. Good selection, with answers on what I really need. He's my first alternative, and not only because he's 4 blocks away. Lowe's is 20 miles.

The local Ace Hardware is great, even the teenagers know where most of the stuff is, and if they don't they will find someone that does. That's always my first stop. But, they don't carry well controllers. It's about a mile. Got 3 Lowes about 8-9 miles each. One HD about 8 miles. Got the first well contoller because it was a Sunday, and no plumbing supply open. Now keep going there for them because they're reasonably close, have them, and are open on Sunday. It's rather surprising how many things go when everything else is closed. But, anytime I can, I shop in my home town first.

JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.

- Niccolo Machiavelli

Reply to
J T

Wed, Feb 2, 2005, 1:05pm snipped-for-privacy@musc.edu (Joe=A0Gorman) claims: The guys in the yard at our Lowes usually couldn't find the washer we had bought so we were upgraded to the next larger for the same price. Huge tub, with only 2 of us, usually, to fill it. Joe

Must really be huge if more then two of you can fit in it. I think I'd prefer a hot tub.

JOAT The first method of estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.

- Niccolo Machiavelli

Reply to
J T

Yeah, but the washer fit in the van. I'd have to get their rental truck, and some strong backs, to put in a hot tub:-) Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Thu, Feb 3, 2005, 9:00am snipped-for-privacy@musc.edu (Joe=A0Gorman) replies: Yeah, but the washer fit in the van. I'd have to get their rental truck, and some strong backs, to put in a hot tub:-) Joe

Damn you're cheap. LMAO

JOAT Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong.

- David Fasold

Reply to
J T

Yep, the sales or mark down section is the first place I look, any store. And Goodwill is my primary non food shopping outlet. Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman