Where's Home Depot

Looked at the thread about the Ryobi OSS on sale at HD, and decided to see if the closest one to me (about 10 miles) had any.

First looked in the yellow pages of the local phone book. Two Lowes were there, but no HD. Hmmm. OK, checked the white pages. Found HD listed there.

OK, called, and no answer. Called again. Same. Repeat several more times. So, tried operator assistance, and got the same number. Tried calling several more time, still no answer.

Dug out a couple more phone books. The two Lowes are listed, but no HD.

I haven't been in a HD in a lonnnng time, and obviously that was a good move. I wouldn't mind getting one of those sanders, but I'm not about to drive that far just to check.

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

there is one on capital blvd. just about a block further up than lowes on the same side of the street. another at crossroads cary.accross street from lowes. hmmmmm............. maybe you could drive to lowes and look around ! lol there seems to be one very near every lowes. there is one off hwy seventy also near hwy 50? its before you get to [ you guessed it !! ] lowes!!!! same side of street.i think there may be a bjs warehouse in the same shopping center.

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

He didn't say he was in Raleigh did he?

Frank

skeezics wrote:

Reply to
Frank S.

Wed, Jan 26, 2005, 11:00pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@home.com (skeezics) says: there seems to be one very near every lowes.

I know of at least two Lowes with no HD lurking around them. The one I was reerring to is in Garner. I know of probably half a dozen within maybe 15 or so miles from me. But, for some as yet unknow reason my truck window refused to roll up the other day, and is still down. So I'm not in any real mood to drive in to Raleigh, or any further than I have to, until I get something done about the window.

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

I think the spindle sander is discontinued. I tried to find it on line and it is not mentioned and the stores near me in Houston no longer have them.

Reply to
Leon

OT: McDonalds does the equivelant of several hundered thousands of dollars of research to determine the optimum locations for each restaurant. Burger King locates within 1 mile of McDonalds, hopefully on the same street.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Reply to
Rob V

No, but a lot of us know JOAT lives in Clayton.

Reply to
Silvan

Reply to
John

I usually hit their website to get store directions, hours, phone numbers...

Bummer... Shift Change?

"Use the 'net Luke!"

patrick conroy

Didn't realize there were so many others on here from the Raleigh area. Can I ask where you all buy your wood from?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Shelley

Reply to
Mike Reed

Drive that far? 10 miles? I drive that far just to get to the convinience store... Real stores are day trips!

-Keith

Reply to
Keith

Is this the same guy that complained a few months ago about someone looking for a place to buy wood in Houston in this conference? Surely looking for HD in Clayton in a global, galactic newsgroup is not the same thing. ;-)

Reply to
Bob

Wed, Jan 26, 2005, 4:22pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (SonomaProducts.com) claims: Burger King locates within 1 mile of McDonalds, hopefully on the same street.

Except in my town, Burger King was there first. So maybe McDonalds just builds where there is a Burger King.

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Thu, Jan 27, 2005, 2:42am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@chance.net (Keith) exclaims: Drive that far? 10 miles? I drive that far just to get to the convinience store... Real stores are day trips!

In a later post I said my truck window won't close. It might be fairly warm, but I still don't feel like driving that far with my window down.

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Thu, Jan 27, 2005, 12:22am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@here.com (Rob=A0V) says: There is a HD about a mile away from the lowes in garner. Just head down

70 away from downtown.

That's the one that didn't answer their phone.

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Wed, Jan 26, 2005, 7:37pm snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net (Silvan) says: Frank S. wrote No, but a lot of us know JOAT lives in Clayton.

Not entirely accurate, close to Clayton.

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Thu, Jan 27, 2005, 1:01am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.yahoo.com (Jon=A0Shelley) asks: Can I ask where you all buy your wood from?

Haven't been for a bit. Been doing pallet wood lately, and it's free.

JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough.

- Unknown

Reply to
J T

Wed, Jan 26, 2005, 5:39pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Mike=A0Reed) asks: Did you take a shot at the "Store Finder"

I already know where they are, I just need them to answer their phone. I've confirmed the same telephone number from three separate sources so far.