Where's Home Depot

Page 1 of 3
Looked at the thread about the Ryobi OSS on sale at HD, and decided to see if the closest one to me (about 10 miles) had any.
First looked in the yellow pages of the local phone book. Two Lowes were there, but no HD. Hmmm. OK, checked the white pages. Found HD listed there.
OK, called, and no answer. Called again. Same. Repeat several more times. So, tried operator assistance, and got the same number. Tried calling several more time, still no answer.
Dug out a couple more phone books. The two Lowes are listed, but no HD.
I haven't been in a HD in a lonnnng time, and obviously that was a good move. I wouldn't mind getting one of those sanders, but I'm not about to drive that far just to check.
JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough. - Unknown
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:31:07 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

there is one on capital blvd. just about a block further up than lowes on the same side of the street. another at crossroads cary.accross street from lowes. hmmmmm............. maybe you could drive to lowes and look around ! lol there seems to be one very near every lowes. there is one off hwy seventy also near hwy 50? its before you get to [ you guessed it !! ] lowes!!!! same side of street.i think there may be a bjs warehouse in the same shopping center.
skeez
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------090907010407080906090600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
He didn't say he was in Raleigh did he?
Frank
skeezics wrote:

--------------090907010407080906090600 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
First looked in the yellow pages of the local phone book. Two Lowes were there, but no HD. Hmmm. OK, checked the white pages. Found HD listed there.
OK, called, and no answer. Called again. Same. Repeat several more times. So, tried operator assistance, and got the same number. Tried calling several more time, still no answer.
Dug out a couple more phone books. The two Lowes are listed, but no HD.
I haven't been in a HD in a lonnnng time, and obviously that was a good move. I wouldn't mind getting one of those sanders, but I'm not about to drive that far just to check.
skeez
--------------090907010407080906090600--
Frank S. wrote:

No, but a lot of us know JOAT lives in Clayton.

Didn't realize there were so many others on here from the Raleigh area. Can I ask where you all buy your wood from?
Jon
Thu, Jan 27, 2005, 1:01am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.yahoo.com (JonShelley) asks: <snip> Can I ask where you all buy your wood from?
Haven't been for a bit. Been doing pallet wood lately, and it's free.
JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough. - Unknown
Wed, Jan 26, 2005, 7:37pm snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net (Silvan) says: Frank S. wrote No, but a lot of us know JOAT lives in Clayton.
Not entirely accurate, close to Clayton.
JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough. - Unknown
Wed, Jan 26, 2005, 11:00pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@home.com (skeezics) says: <snip> there seems to be one very near every lowes. <snip>
I know of at least two Lowes with no HD lurking around them. The one I was reerring to is in Garner. I know of probably half a dozen within maybe 15 or so miles from me. But, for some as yet unknow reason my truck window refused to roll up the other day, and is still down. So I'm not in any real mood to drive in to Raleigh, or any further than I have to, until I get something done about the window.
JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough. - Unknown
OT: McDonalds does the equivelant of several hundered thousands of dollars of research to determine the optimum locations for each restaurant. Burger King locates within 1 mile of McDonalds, hopefully on the same street.
Wed, Jan 26, 2005, 4:22pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (SonomaProducts.com) claims: <snip> Burger King locates within 1 mile of McDonalds, hopefully on the same street.
Except in my town, Burger King was there first. So maybe McDonalds just builds where there is a Burger King.
JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough. - Unknown
JOAT responds:

Hell, Hardee's was first here. Then MacDonald's. First Big Mac went broke: it's now a dry cleaning store. We then got all the greats, a successful (there's a term for ya) MacDonald's--I don't know if that's Mc or Mac, and don't much care--then Burger King and Taco Bell and Long John Sliver's. Taco Bell faded out in four years. LJ's continues to do minor business. Or it's converted to Arby's I forget which.
In the meantime, we continue to hope for a second and third good restaurant so we don't have to fight the crowding at the one that exists. Oh,yeah. They did build a Wendy's, in the same shopping area as the LJ, Big Mac complex, and there is a Huddle House there now if you want 24 hour a day breakfast.
Easier to eat at home...and that from someone who absolutely loves a good restaurant.
Charlie Self "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2, 2000
Thu, Jan 27, 2005, 9:48am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (CharlieSelf) says: <snip> that from someone who absolutely loves a good restaurant.
The key word there is "good". Finding one of those is the hard part. I like somethng along the lines of Golden Corral, with a large salad bar, with plenty of choices.
JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough. - Unknown
McDonald's & Burger King are side-by-side in our town.
Joe
SonomaProducts.com wrote:

There is a HD about a mile away from the lowes in garner. Just head down 70 away from downtown.
(skeezics) says:

Thu, Jan 27, 2005, 12:22am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@here.com (RobV) says: There is a HD about a mile away from the lowes in garner. Just head down 70 away from downtown.
That's the one that didn't answer their phone.
JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough. - Unknown
Did you take a shot at the "Store Finder" on their site (top right)? Looking in your area, I got this (image, because map was session-specific, no linky worky):
http://img152.exs.cx/img152/5961/claytonhds4vq.jpg
J T wrote:

The
reason
So
Wed, Jan 26, 2005, 5:39pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (MikeReed) asks: Did you take a shot at the "Store Finder" <snip>
I already know where they are, I just need them to answer their phone. I've confirmed the same telephone number from three separate sources so far.
JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough. - Unknown
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:38:43 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

the lowes in garner is at 70 and 401. before you get that far maybe a mile or so before there is a HD on your left. its a fairly new one only a couple years there i think.
Thu, Jan 27, 2005, 8:29pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@home.com (skeezics) says: the lowes in garner is at 70 and 401. before you get that far maybe a mile or so before there is a HD on your left. its a fairly new one only a couple years there i think.
Yes, I'm aware of each. There's also a Lowes at 42 and 40, and one in Smithfield, on 301. No HD near either, as far as I know, not been to the 42 and 40 Lowes in awhile.
JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough. - Unknown
Well, got ahold of the HD in Garner today. Phone got answered by some type of machine, then took about 5 minutes for a "live" body to answer, but then I was just left hanging. Tried again, then a body answered the phone, but took about 5 minutes again to be transferred to the tools section. Then took them about 5 minutes to tell me no sander.
This only reinforces my decision that HD is not the place to shop. If I "have" to deal with the Borg, it'll be Lowes.
JOAT Some is good, more is better, too much is just enough. - Unknown