where might I find BS replacement bearing

just need to replace a blade guide bearing for my jet 14" BS

it supports the back of the blade

it's about 1-1/8" OD and 3/8" or so ID..

any ideas?

Reply to
Kevin

If there are code numbers visible on the bearing, you shouldn't have any trouble at all looking it up online to find a source. Otherwise, remove it and take it to a local bearing distributor; they'll likely have something in stock.

Reply to
Doug Miller

This is just a really wild guess, but how about a bearing store? We have 3 in my town. Minimum purchase is $5, any one bearing seldom ever meets the minimum.

You, too, could try the yellow pages where you live! There are numbers and letters etched in the face of the bearing - the supply house will need that information to duplicate what you have or just take the original with you.

Reply to
DanG

Highland Hardware has them. They are thrust bearings. IIRC, the cost was less than $20 and they were Iturra brand.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

How bout Jet?

Reply to
Leon

"Kevin" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Here's a link to the parts manual. I think you're looking for part # 7. Anyway, got Jet's website and you can order the part from there.

KarlB

Mind the sparks with punky wood.

Reply to
George

tough crowd ;-)

I looked up 'bearings' in online yellow pages and found a local shop. They had a French made bearing of the same size.

The only thing I notice is it is 'stiffer' than the good one still on my saw.

Funny thing is.. I futzed with the bad one.. drenched it in some WD40-ish stuff.. and now it almost seems as smooth as the one I just got new....

The new one has a rubber seal which should keep out the sawdust that's going to be battle on the lower guide.

Reply to
Kevin

You should buy "sealed" bearing for any bandsaw.

If these folks don't have the bearing, you don't need it...

Have your old bear> tough crowd ;-)

Reply to
Pat Barber

The bearing on the saw was a 6200 ZZ which just has a steal shield.

The one I got is a 6200 LL (I think) which has the rubber seal.

Maybe after is spins awhile.. it will loosen up..

Reply to
Kevin

Try here for parts:

Phisherman