where might I find BS replacement bearing

just need to replace a blade guide bearing for my jet 14" BS
it supports the back of the blade
it's about 1-1/8" OD and 3/8" or so ID..
any ideas?

If there are code numbers visible on the bearing, you shouldn't have any trouble at all looking it up online to find a source. Otherwise, remove it and take it to a local bearing distributor; they'll likely have something in stock.
--
Regards,
This is just a really wild guess, but how about a bearing store? We have 3 in my town. Minimum purchase is $5, any one bearing seldom ever meets the minimum.

Highland Hardware has them. They are thrust bearings. IIRC, the cost was less than $20 and they were Iturra brand.

How bout Jet?

Here's a link to the parts manual. I think you're looking for part # 7. Anyway, got Jet's website and you can order the part from there.
http://content.jettools.com/manuals/man_708113A.pdf

Or, make the jump. I'm glad I did. http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM 8-443 Mind the sparks with punky wood.
tough crowd ;-)
I looked up 'bearings' in online yellow pages and found a local shop. They had a French made bearing of the same size.
The only thing I notice is it is 'stiffer' than the good one still on my saw.
Funny thing is.. I futzed with the bad one.. drenched it in some WD40-ish stuff.. and now it almost seems as smooth as the one I just got new....
The new one has a rubber seal which should keep out the sawdust that's going to be battle on the lower guide.

You should buy "sealed" bearing for any bandsaw.
If these folks don't have the bearing, you don't need it...
Have your old bearing available with the numbers when you call.
http://www.accuratebearing.com /
Kevin wrote:

The bearing on the saw was a 6200 ZZ which just has a steal shield.
The one I got is a 6200 LL (I think) which has the rubber seal.
Maybe after is spins awhile.. it will loosen up..

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:59:51 GMT, Pat Barber

Try here for parts:
http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/cgi-bin/partbrands.cgi