Where I have been? I just read about a new WWII blade

that has a raker tooth every 5 teeth to give a flat bottomed cut. WHY WASN'T I INFORMED?? <g>
dave
David said:

It's about time they did that! Made the blade available as a normal stock item, that is, not informed you of it. <g>
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

I'm always the last to find out this IMPORTANT stuff! <g> So when is my WWII going to self destruct so I have a legit reason to get the new one? Then I wouldn't have to swap blades when I need a flat-bottomed cut.
Dave
David said:

Dave, you don't have to wait. The standard WWII blade (probably) makes cleaner through cuts and lasts (far) longer. The raker is only used when you (quite often) just _have_ to cut flat bottomed grooves. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it... <g>
Although it's still tough to justify spending that $100 bill, it's on my wish list as well. There are many good years left in my WWII, but when I bought it, I tried to get an ATB/R. It was special order only.
Greg G.
Greg G. said:

When I say this, I mean it was not an item available from Amazon or stocked at any of my local stores. It has been available as a Custom WWII Grind #6, I believe, for quite a while. But you had to order directly from Forrest. I'm assuming this is the blade they are promoting...
Greg G.
David wrote:

I've had a Freud blade like that (ATBR) for many years. Works fine for me. I know WWII has a great reputation, but good enough is good enough.
--
It's turtles, all the way down

Larry Blanchard wrote:

ATBR grind?
Dave
David wrote:

--
It's turtles, all the way down

Larry Blanchard wrote:

Sorry, I just thought you knew off the top of your head. I wasn't trying to be lazy...
Dave
Tue, Dec 27, 2005, 12:41pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com (David) who wails: that has a raker tooth every 5 teeth to give a flat bottomed cut. WHY WASN'T I INFORMED?? <g>
The good news is, you're definitely on the list.
The bad news is, the list you're on is not the information list.
JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"? - Granny Weatherwax
David wrote:

Have the rakers installed at the next sharpening.