Where have all the flowers gone?

Pete Seeger 1919-2014
--
This msg is for rec.woodworking - not homeowners hub.

One of the Most Brilliant Blooms to leave us. john
"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
Pete Seeger 1919-2014
--
This msg is for rec.woodworking - not homeowners hub.

"Larry Blanchard" wrote ...

Yep, he was an iconic songwriter. Although reasonably proficient as a performer, many artists did tremendous interpretations of his songs. They sounded a lot better than he did! But the words were his. The songs were his. Almost all folk singers and many pop artists sang his songs.
How many of his songs were used in a movie? Etc., etc. I did not know he was still alive. He lived into his 90's. I did not know that music was that healthy!
I saw a thing on the net of 7 iconic Pete Seeger songs performed by him. I only really liked one of them because when he sang the song, I heard another version in my head that was more famous and had a better sound.
I appreciate the fact that he was a great songwriter. He must have been a proud papa to have so many people perform his songs. It probably helped his cash flow too.
So long Pete. They broke the mold when they made you.
Not a bad guy for a commie.
--
³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness
sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes
"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------- In addition to all the songs he wrote and sang, he had the sailing sloop "Clearwater" built and used it to get the Clean water act enacted over the veto of Nixon in 1972 and was very instrumental in cleaning up there Hudson river.
Got a couple of Pete's CDs cued up tonight.
Time to stop and smell the roses in his honor.
Lew
On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 19:32:55 -0800, Lew Hodgett wrote:

I saw mention of naming the new bridge across the Hudson after him. Hope they do.

I spent an hour or two last night listening to him on Youtube.
--
This msg is for rec.woodworking - not homeowners hub.

On 1/28/2014 10:32 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Does any one no what happened to the Clearwater. It was a beautiful boat.
"Keith Nuttle" wrote:

------------------------------------------ As far as I know, it is still in service and berthed on the Hudson.
Lew
On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:25:25 -0500, Keith Nuttle

http://www.clearwater.org/