Where do you buy wood workbenches?

Hi, I just inherited 450 wood workbenches. My question to you is where do you all buy them. I need to contact a company that retails them. The wholesale price, if you are wondering, would be about $175 dollars. You can see an example(not my website)of what they look like by going to

. Please let me know ASAP. I really need to get rid of them all fast!

Reply to
Russ

The "Trouble with Tribles" is that you never know where they got the work benches.

Even I could get a yahoo account.... Although I would never join an organization that would have me as a member.

Care to tell us a bit more?

Now since you could find Rockler -- haven't you answered your own question? Why ask it again -- unless you want _us_ to buy them.

Why not your local hardware store(s).

What exactly is your problem again?

Don't even pardon my suspicious mind. Just give us the facts sir.

Reply to
WillR

I gotta say that this sounds like a scam Russ. You are asking where to unload them and you provide that information to show a picture. The company that you pointed to retails them, call them.

Reply to
Leon

Are yours Sjobergs ?

There are a few workbenches around in this same style and with hugely varying quality. If you're selling the $99 ones, then you need to wholesale the lot because they're cheap, cheerful and per-item costs like shipping will ruin the deal.

If they're Sjobergs though (or other mid-range beech or maple) then you need a wider pool of shoppers to sell to, who'll appreciate what tehy are and what they're worth. You can also afford shipping costs. So for those I'd eBay them, with a buy-it-now price. You need B_I_N because with 450 of them, you'd be there 10 years pushing them out as auctions, without flooding the market and hurting the price.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I'm with Russ on this one. I am curious where do you "inherit" 450 of the things. There has to be a story here. My appologies if I'm wrong.

Must of made the reading of the will interesting.......Being of sound mind and body............and to my dear nephew I leave.......my collection of 450 brand new workbenches...........

Reply to
bremen68

eBay.

Dave

Teamcasa

In a hurry.

Hmmmmm. LOL

True. Most of the time. (99% even)

But he answered his own question as well as any of us could have done. Once you know about Rockler the rest is easy -- search for similar sites. Hell looking at a few posts would have pointed him at most potential re-sellers as links come up constantly. He don't need us at that point - except to buy them. It set off my scam-o-meter -- and pegged the needle on the end-post. Maybe incorrectly - You are right on that. The needle is still vibrating though.

If it is legit I could buy one for less than I could buy the parts -- so I would be interested.

But! it-sounds-too-good-to-be-true!

You just said it nicer than us.

nuff said.

Reply to
WillR

Why should we assume that? It is clearly stated. No assumptions required. He is looking for a company which sells workbenches retail.

How is that at all relevant to his question which was "My question to you is where do you all buy them. I need to contact a company that retails them."

This group has a reputation for sniffing out trolls, scammers and spammers.

-j

Anyone who has had to deal with an estate knows you can get stuff you have never dealt with before. Let's just answer the question with straight helpful answers and advice. Expressing your doubts about a persons integrity does not help an honest and inexperience person. Lets assume he has inherited a bunch of workbenches and he wants to sell them. You can ask questions like, where did they come from, do they have any markings on them or the packaging, do you know their manufacturing date, new or used, where in the world do you have them as in California, New Jersey, or Canada, etc. ?

Our group has the reputation of providing excellent friendly help. Lets not ruin it.

Reply to
Bill Thomas

..Snip.......

Ah, there's always a serious one in the bunch.

None of the comments were anything but polite. I don't know too many woodworkers who would pass on a chance to bust on their buddies, so we're just being friendly. :-)

Here's the scene.........You're buddy comes over and says, hey I just got a brand new 6" Grizzly jointer for $75 bucks........Your response has got to be "yeah right, and where was it stolen from"........

See just being friendly.

Reply to
bremen68

And Free Shipping too. And a Discount to wrecker's. And another discount to wrecker's with last names that start with 'C'.

Reply to
patrick conroy

His question is, where can he find a retailer to buy them? He linked to a retail place that sells them to show us pictures. See a problem with that?

Expressing your doubts

Lets assume he has inherited a bunch of workbenches and he

OK.

You can ask questions like, where did they

Does that answer HIS question?

Our group has the reputation of providing excellent friendly help. Lets not ruin it.

I seriously doubt that we will find out any more details unless we express interest in purchasing for ourselves through a direct email and so far the post smells pretty fishy.

Reply to
Leon

We usually make our own. But that price(wholesale)is a good one, so maybe EBay or something like that is a good avenue for you. Tom

Reply to
tomeshew

I'm supposed to buy one??? Heck, I was having fun trying to make one.

I used the same philosophy with the kids and it seemed to work and that was kind of fun too.

Bruce

Reply to
BABs

If you sell them on ebay, I'd be interested.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes