Where do I post stuf to sell?

Page 1 of 2
I have some XS woodworking equipment I'd like to sell but don't want to post it here. Other than Ebay are there any specific woodworking swap/sell groups around?
Thanks,
Tom in Howell, NJ
Craiglist./com & click in your state & county/town

Tom
Look at http://www.sawmillcreek.org , http://www.woodcentral.com /, and http://www.forums.woodnet.net /. All have classifieds for members with a simple registration. BUT before you post there, what do you have for sale? Please respond to usenet(at)simoogle(dot)com
Thanks
Jerry (in Central NJ)

Others have posted their stuff here, and it's definately "woodworking" related, so maybe one of us will want something who wouldn't see it listed elsewhere (like me). Keep it short with no pictures)
Charley

post
"Teejay" wrote in message

Around here it has always been acceptable/customary to put "FS" at the beginning of the subject line and post away with text only ... as his assistant chief virtual moderator, you hereby have JOAT's permission.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07
Swingman wrote:
> > Around here it has always been acceptable/customary to put "FS" at the > beginning of the subject line and post away with text only ... as his > assistant chief virtual moderator, you hereby have JOAT's permission. >
Since I'm in the process of trying to sell my boat project, will gladly accept any help I can get.
Would appreciate it very much if those of you with web sites would considering adding a link to my web site.
<http://LewsSailBoat.googlepages.com/home
Thank you.
BTW, woodworking content. Ever look at the inside of a cruising sail boat?
Lew
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Done ... posted on the "front door". Check it out and let me know when/if it outlives its usefulness:
... and Merci Beaucoup, once again, for the electrical help/advice a few years back!!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07
Swingman wrote:
> Done ... posted on the "front door". Check it out and let me know > when/if it outlives its usefulness: > > ... and Merci Beaucoup, once again, for the electrical help/advice a few > years back!! >
Many thanks.
Now all that remains is to find a young stud with more money than brains, who wants to accept a "Challenge".
Lew
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Now, Lew ... you ain't going anywhere with that attitude, bubba!
Think "girls gone wild wooddorker" ...
Get out that camera, find/hire a couple of hotties in thong bikini's, and have them posing/working all over that boat, then post those pictures on your page ... you'll have fun, and you can't lose, even it you do. :)
Let me know if your heart can't stand it ... I may be available.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 6/1/07
Swingman wrote:

You laugh. Fellow locally posted a forsale:
"Hot tub. Comfortably fits one male and four females."
Sold it in two hours.
Sat, Jul 21, 2007, 7:29pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (HeyBub) doth sayeth: You laugh. Fellow locally posted a forsale: "Hot tub. Comfortably fits one male and four females." Sold it in two hours.
Reminds me of a blurb I read years back, about a guy who claimed he sailed across the Pacific, with a girl crew. I think four girls, and. supposedly, once they left sight of land, none of them bothered with bathing suits even. My vote would be for fiction, rather than fact.
On Jul 21, 9:15 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Think of the sunburn!
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Lew, I did that. But what the heck kind of boat IS it? I just called it a yacht (bigger than a rowboat with a flushing toilet).
http://nmwoodworks.com/FellowArtisans.html
Bill
--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com
BillinDetroit wrote:
> Lew, I did that. But what the heck kind of boat IS it? I just called it > a yacht (bigger than a rowboat with a flushing toilet).
I'm not quite sure I understand the question.
It's a little big for the Detroit River or Lake St Clair.
It is a live aboard sailing yacht capable of going any place you want it to take you.
Does that help?
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

I think your ambitions run to deeper water than mine. I like to canoe the Crosswinds marsh down near Monroe. Max depth ~20 feet, mostly <3 ft.
And the canoe livery is free. ;-)
Bill
--
BillinDetroit wrote:
> I think your ambitions run to deeper water than mine. I like to canoe > the Crosswinds marsh down near Monroe. Max depth ~20 feet, mostly <3 ft.
Being a native Buckeye who spent several years sailing the waters of Lake Erie, am familiar with the area, including the cooling tower at Monroe.
Have made the trek up the rivers and Lake St Clair to get to the North Channel and the Georgian Bay more than once.
It's what made me want to get a bigger boat.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

When they expanded Metro Airport they chewed through some marshland. They had to replace it with new marshland at the ratio of 1.5:1. Crosswinds marsh has 3 Bald Eagles and is shallow enough that even the most skittish feel comfortable with it.
My canoe has no business where your yacht goes and your yacht is useless where I want to go.
Different strokes ... but I like the quiet that goes with canoing.
Ahem ... however, I DID link back to your site from mine.
Bill
--
BillinDetroit wrote:
> > Ahem ... however, I DID link back to your site from mine.
Thank You.
Lew

Oh, I dunno. Last week, I turned down (gently) an assignment to shoot antique powerboats from the water. Just the thought of dipping the camera gear was enough...old mechanical cameras dried pretty well if rinsed in distilled water, but these digital SLRs do not do wet. Too, these days, if I'm on water, I prefer a vessel the size of, say, the Titanic, but without ice bergs.
Fri, Jul 20, 2007, 8:31pm: snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Teejay) doth proclaim: I have some XS woodworking equipment I'd like to sell but don't want to post it here. <snip>
And you don't want anyone here to have a chance to buy some of these woodworking tools, why?