Where can I get Behlen's products, "brick and mortar style"?

I know their stuff can be ordered online, but any chains carry their products (besides Woodcraft--too far from my home)? TIA
dave

Does Behlen's list dealers on the web site?
Barry
don't know. haven't found their site. just sites that sell their stuff. i tried the phone number that Jack Novak listed for them in NY but it just rings and rings...
dave
B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

Perhaps they have caller ID. ;-)
The phone number I gave you is registered both to Behlen's and "Mohawk Finishing Products, Inc.". Here's Mohawk's web site:
http://www.mohawk-finishing.com /
In the past I could find Behlen's web site. I no longer can.

This is the professional version of Behlen: <http://www.mohawk-finishing.com/
A local place may or may not sell to you, but it's work a shot.
Barry
thanks, Barry. I looked at their list of distributors. The closest one is about an hour's drive or so. I'll call them during the week to see what they carry and if they do retail sales.
dave
B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

H. Behlen and Bros. 4715 St. Hwy. 30 Amsterdam, NY 12010-9204 518-843-1380 (Call for the name of a dealer near you. )
maybe they go home early on Halloween. no answer at 1:43, PST. Maybe I'll get them on Monday. Thanks, Jack.
dave
Nova wrote:

Bay Area Dave notes:

I'm pretty sure Behlens (AKA Mohawk) moved to the Carolinas in the past few years, but I don't have an address.
Charlie Self "Ain't no man can avoid being born average, but there ain't no man got to be common." Satchel Paige
Thanks, Charlie I'll search on Mohawk...
dave
Charlie Self wrote:

I found the Mohawk site and while they have similar product lines I see no mention of Behlen. I also couldn't find Rockhard tabletop finish, but Mohawk looks like an excellent resource. Thanks again, Charlie.
daved
Charlie Self wrote:

Dave- If you would have use your tremendous resourcefulness that you touted at me earlier this week, you would have found: http://www.hbehlen.com / Phone: 866-785-7781 - E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@RPMWFG.com
No mention of brick or mortar in their PDF product catalog.
Charlie - They are now owned by RPM and located in Hickory, North Carolina.
good luck Myx

Hickory is next town over from me. That is not a Hickory number, but there is some type of RPM activity in Hickory. Do you know what the deal is? Or is 866 another one of the new 800 numbers. I can't keep up.
By the way, there are a lot of finish companies here, in the heart of furniture manufacturing country.
An interesting, but somber side note. Furniture production is rapidly being moved to China. Predictions of the time period involved vary, but in around 5 years, (or less), there will be little furniture manufacturing being done in the US.
--
Jim in NC

Myx writes:

Yes. The Mohawk site shows that they're also owned by RPM. IIRC, RPM also owns the outfit that makes Bullseye shellac...not done with my first coffee yet, so the name isn't coming up.
Charlie Self "Ain't no man can avoid being born average, but there ain't no man got to be common." Satchel Paige
Zinnser?
dave
Charlie Self wrote: snip

Charlie Self wrote:

After checking further it looks as if Behlen's was bought out by the RPM Wood Finishing Group. They're the same group that owns Zinsser, Rust-oleum, Bondo, DAP and others.

They also own Floquil, the best hobby paint ever manufactured! <G>
Barry