Where can I get Behlen's products, "brick and mortar style"?

I know their stuff can be ordered online, but any chains carry their products (besides Woodcraft--too far from my home)? TIA

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Does Behlen's list dealers on the web site?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

H. Behlen and Bros.

4715 St. Hwy. 30 Amsterdam, NY 12010-9204 518-843-1380 (Call for the name of a dealer near you. )

Nova

don't know. haven't found their site. just sites that sell their stuff. i tried the phone number that Jack Novak listed for them in NY but it just rings and rings...

dave

B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

maybe they go home early on Halloween. no answer at 1:43, PST. Maybe I'll get them on Monday. Thanks, Jack.

dave

Nova wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Bay Area Dave notes:

I'm pretty sure Behlens (AKA Mohawk) moved to the Carolinas in the past few years, but I don't have an address.

Charlie Self "Ain't no man can avoid being born average, but there ain't no man got to be common." Satchel Paige

Reply to
Charlie Self

Thanks, Charlie I'll search on Mohawk...

dave

Charlie Self wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I found the Mohawk site and while they have similar product lines I see no mention of Behlen. I also couldn't find Rockhard tabletop finish, but Mohawk looks like an excellent resource. Thanks again, Charlie.

daved

Charlie Self wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Perhaps they have caller ID. ;-)

The phone number I gave you is registered both to Behlen's and "Mohawk Finishing Products, Inc.". Here's Mohawk's web site:

the past I could find Behlen's web site. I no longer can.

Nova

After checking further it looks as if Behlen's was bought out by the RPM Wood Finishing Group. They're the same group that owns Zinsser, Rust-oleum, Bondo, DAP and others.

Nova

Dave- If you would have use your tremendous resourcefulness that you touted at me earlier this week, you would have found:

Phone: 866-785-7781 - E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@RPMWFG.com

No mention of brick or mortar in their PDF product catalog.

Charlie - They are now owned by RPM and located in Hickory, North Carolina.

good luck Myx

Reply to
Myxylplyk

Hickory is next town over from me. That is not a Hickory number, but there is some type of RPM activity in Hickory. Do you know what the deal is? Or is 866 another one of the new 800 numbers. I can't keep up.

By the way, there are a lot of finish companies here, in the heart of furniture manufacturing country.

An interesting, but somber side note. Furniture production is rapidly being moved to China. Predictions of the time period involved vary, but in around

5 years, (or less), there will be little furniture manufacturing being done in the US.
Reply to
Morgans

Yes. The Mohawk site shows that they're also owned by RPM. IIRC, RPM also owns the outfit that makes Bullseye shellac...not done with my first coffee yet, so the name isn't coming up.

Charlie Self "Ain't no man can avoid being born average, but there ain't no man got to be common." Satchel Paige

Reply to
Charlie Self

This is the professional version of Behlen:

A local place may or may not sell to you, but it's work a shot.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

They also own Floquil, the best hobby paint ever manufactured!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Zinnser?

dave

Charlie Self wrote: snip

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

thanks, Barry. I looked at their list of distributors. The closest one is about an hour's drive or so. I'll call them during the week to see what they carry and if they do retail sales.

dave

B a r r y B u r k e J r . wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave