Where can I find Washer shims??

I need to get some washer shims to shim up a stile and rail router bit about 30/1000. I tried Google and Ebay with no luck. Any help please
bdeditch wrote:

Found this: http://www.eagleamerica.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_198%2D9011
Joe Barta
OK give it up Joe, what did you type in for the search???? God I tried everything, including F#*king shims. By the way thanks as well Joe Barta wrote:

bdeditch wrote:

Ah, the fine art of finding things fast :-)
I searched Eagle America for shims.
(I must confess, I did two quick yet fruitless Froogle seaches and a search of MLCS before trying Eagle America.)
Joe Barta
The bdeditch entity posted thusly:

I just tried it on Google and got over 900 hits. The best in the first few hits is "Willie Washer" at http://www.williewasher.com/Default.asp Sorta makes you think, doesn't it?
They have a rather nifty product that consists of a layered washer shim that allows you to peel off layers in order to fine tune the thickness.
Anyway, I just searched for "washer shims". That's all. You DO need to put it in quotes, or better still, use the Advanced Search page of Google, where the "exact phrase" lets you forget the quotes.
might try googling for "machine bushings" --dave

That is what I didn't do, put it in Quotes. Thank for teaching me something! Oleg Lego wrote:

Wed, Feb 22, 2006, 4:45am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@nospamgmail.com (bdeditch) doth looketh: I need to get some washer shims to shim up a stile and rail router bit about 30/1000. I tried Google and Ebay with no luck. Any help please
Interesting. I would possibly never have thought about buying such. First thing I'd have thought of would have been to make some, sluminam can, sheet metal, etc. If that didn't do it, I'd probably use a regular washer, double stick tape it to a piece of wood, and sand it down. If, for some arcane reason, that didn't work, I'd possibly opt for starter motor shims, which should be available at any auto parts store, in varying thicknesses, as I recall. Otherwise, I'd have asked the local hardware guys.
JOAT IThere is no vaccine against stupidity!
Yes that is a good option. but how perfect would you get the washer by using a grinder. This has to be a perfect fit, without any movement or it can cause a lot of problems. Starter shims are to big as well. I looked at all of those options, a shim kit is the best. I also found that pricecutters has a 60 piece set for $17.00. Its better to be safe than sorry. J T wrote:

Wed, Feb 22, 2006, 7:48pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (bdeditch) doth want to know: Yes that is a good option. but how perfect would you get the washer by using a grinder. <snip>
Dunno. Because I never mentioned a grinder. Re-read what I said. Besides, you're allowed to try more than once.
JOAT Don't make me use UPPER CASE.
I understand JT, but if sanding it even makes it 1 or 2 thousands off on one side it would defeat the purpose of what it is needed for. As I said I found a 60 pc. set on pricecutter.com that will serve the purpose.
J T wrote:

If you are satisfied with making your own shims, go to a good auto parts store and ask for some brass shim stock. They usually have it in sheets of .003" through .010" thickness. Buy a couple of inches of shim stock and cut your own shims. Use an old pair of scissors to cut the shim stock to size.

I thought of that to Jack, but when you are dealing with an 5/16" ID for the bolt and 1/2" OD for the washer, it tends to be annoying if you screw up. My banana fingers hate that smal stuff. Christ its going to be bad enough to pick up those little washers when I need too! Jack wrote: