where can I find this machine screw?

I want a brass machine screw pan head or round head(prefer pan head) slotted

1/4-20 and the hard part 2.25" long. I can find 2" and 2.5" but I can only find stainless steel in the 2.25" length.
Reply to
Steve Knight

How many do you need?

Can probably special order them if you are willing to buy 500/1,000 minimum and wait probably 6-8 weeks since the almost certainly come in for off shore.

Any thing from 50-499 could be trimed in a lathe or maybe a screw machine.

Anything below 50 would be hack saw time.

HTH

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Cut the 2.5" off at 2.25 or is this just spam?

Reply to
Ray_Manor

My first thought was hacksaw, or maybe even a grinder.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

He probably needs a *lot* of them.

Steve isn't a spammer.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

The following link is to the screw...

Reply to
Diane Miller

Spam.... ? Not in this case.

Reply to
Leon

If it were spam it would be offering to lengthen it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Teamcasa

I would use maybe 300 or so a year. forget hacksaw I use a steel shear (G) but just the hassle and time to cut them all and sand the ends and buff off the bur is something I could live without.

Reply to
Steve Knight

read this message. man they are spendy stainless is only .21 each.

Reply to
Steve Knight

I use an angle grinder. It's one of the few ways I have of cutting screws without needing to re-form the thread afterwards. If you're doing a lot, make up a cutting plate with a row of threaded holes in it. Choice of cutting disk is crucial though, for a neat cut.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Reply to
Wilson Lamb

Are they really .82 EACH???

Reply to
No

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:16:07 -0800, the inscrutable Steve Knight spake:

Call and ask for bulk pricing. It's ALWAYS a whole lot cheaper.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Get it in 2.5 and trim down to 2.25??

John

Reply to
John

you don't want to cut brass with a angle grinder. well maybe not it may just clog up the wheels. but I don't want to have to cut them to size it gets old quick after the first

100 or so (G)
Reply to
Steve Knight

it's not a lot till you order say 100 then it's 82 bucks. I get boxes of 1" ones for about 21. each. a little over double the length and quad the price.

Reply to
Steve Knight

Reply to
Steve Knight

you offering to do 300 or so a year for me?? (G)

Reply to
Steve Knight