Where can I buy shellac flakes

I've sent email to both Shellac.net and to Woodfinishsupply.com and haven't heard back from them yet. Of course, it's only been a day, but normally I'm used to people getting back fairly quickly when it's an order and money is involved.
So ... does anyone know any other places to get some nice high quality shellac flakes? I was particularly interested in the sampler packs offered on Shellac.net and Woodfinishsupply.com (same offer), so anything like that would be great.
Thanks!
Jack
On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:12:08 -0600, "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote:

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote in

Same folks. And they have been a little out of focus for the last 18 months or so, in my limited experience.
So I bought some great material from Jeff Jewitt, at
http://www.homesteadfinishing.com /
Liquid concentrate, and shellac flake, of the super-blonde German process. At least as good as what I got from shellac.net in an earlier day. Slightly more money, but still a good value.
I would not hold my breath with the folks in Mendocino County. There are untold stories there, somewhere, somehow...
Patriarch
"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote:

I know Woodcraft carries them, because I work there :-). But I suspect that Woodworkers Supply and Rockler might also have them.
--
It's turtles, all the way down

than the ones at Rockler.
--
Regards,

Which one? Or should I ask, which coast?
Tim Taylor wrote:

-- It's turtles, all the way down
Tim Taylor wrote:

--
It's turtles, all the way down

Oh, just wondering. I know a few of the guys in the stores in my service
On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:12:08 -0600, "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" <"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"> wrote:

I think that shellac.net is Paddy's old company.
I don't recall who took that over.
It might be Liberon but I'm not sure.
I buy my stuff from Jeff Jewitt.
He's an honest man and a quick businessman.
He's prolly one of the few guys who still answers his own phone.
I've bought from both Liberon and Jeff but Jeff is my preference.
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Tom Watson wrote:

Roger that. Contact him at http://www.homesteadfinishing.com /. Great product, great service, great information on his site.
No affiliation, never even met the man. But I've been doing finishing a lot longer than I've been doing building, and that's who I do business with.
Ron Hock has shellac kits and one pound bags as well. You can find them at http://www.hockfinishes.com /. My company distributes those products through retail stores across the USA. You can use our dealer locator to find the store nearest to you http://www.rlarson.com/ (enter your zipcode on the left hand side).
Robert