Where can I buy saftey push blocks?

Does anyone sell like a set of them?

(No, I was hopefully not planning to make my own. Relatively new at wood working. Thanks.)

Reply to
poison_1024

Frank Ketchum

Lee Valley:

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Just about anyplace. You haven't looked very hard, have you?

Reply to
Toller

Almost any woodworking store or catalog will have them.

There are some big, expensive versions of the pushstick as well.

Just don't mention anything about dead cats.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I thought you were supposed to use live ones?

Reply to
Tim and Steph

Google must be broken again today. I _hate_ it when that happens...

Reply to
Doug Miller

Reply to
Mike Berger

If you can't handle making push blocks, you might as well quit now!

Reply to
2fatty

Hi Troller I was actually looking for a significant set of different sizes with different stop lengths, widths etc. To answer your question, yes I have looked hard and I all I see are one or two different plastic versions. Did you ever read "The Table Saw Book" by Kelly Mehler? He's got some neat ones.

Toller wrote:

Reply to
poison_1024

Hi Fattso, Yeah you're right, I am going to quit. Why bother getting started when you're not an expert out of the womb. Thanks for saving me so much valuable time and money. Can I send you a check for a small amount as a token of my appreciation for your incredible and valuable insight?

Reply to
poison_1024

I'm still deciding whether the OP was trolling...

Dave

Reply to
David

It is probably a good idea, Anybody who is as sensitive as you would never be able to deal with the sawdust or sanding dust. You might get dirty.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

No, I wasn't trolling. Its was a joke I just forgot the smiley. That said, he sure put me in my place didn't he... ;-)

Reply to
2fatty

:) I thought the whole point of trolling is to trick (which could be considered a "joke") others into responding. I think you did admirably.

oh, and "yes", you sure were put in your place.

Dave

Reply to
David

You have a point, but sometimes people would rather build furniture than fixtures and accessories.

I bought a couple of feather boards, rather than spending the time on building the board and buying the hardware to fit in the t-stop and a nut and handle. Sometimes my time is worth more than the cost of the item!

Reply to
Larry Bud

Yeah you might be right Dr Lee Michaels, Phycologist at large (or it is brain surgeon?)

Anyway, I guess things have not changed much on this message board. Just a bunch of over the hill, low self-esteem guys who more than likely get their ass' kicked by their wives (that's if they are not gay, probably closet gays?.) It must be nice to all be self proclaimed experts, each patronizing the other.

Have a good day. Don't forget stay away from the Mrs. when she comes home tonight! (She wants to see all of those toilets scrubbed clean.)

Reply to
poison_1024

Call your boyfriend over to help with cleaning up the potty before your mama gets home.

You wouldn't want to make a sizable wager that my self esteem towers over yours, now would you?

If you can't afford a shrink, get yourself arrested and then let the state take care of your mental health needs.

Dave

Reply to
David

The table saw in our woodworking shop has a drawer full of them -- about half homemade and half bought. And, you know, I always go for the bought ones -- the handles are a lot more comfortable.

- Brooks

Reply to
Brooks Moses

Wow what a comeback, so original!

And how do you propose to prove your "towering self esteem" ? By your endless rants here on usenet?

I think that anyone who wants to "wager" over it obviously is at the bottom. Thanks for proving that.

Reply to
poison_1024