Where can I buy a stand up router table

Page 1 of 2
Title says it all. I just bought a new router and now want a table. Not one of the short standing ones that u need to put on top of something to use. My dad has a craftsman table that is about 4' tall but he said he doesn't think they are available anymore. Does anyone know of a different brand?
snipped-for-privacy@HOTMAIL.COM wrote in

Rockler. Woodcraft. Amazon. Build your own.
Patriarch wrote:

Bosch makes a real nice table, with a stand (optional). Boxed mine in and store routers in it. Pricey, could build a Norm style router station for less, but I needed it now.
Does anyone have the plans handy for the Norm style router table? BillB wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@HOTMAIL.COM wrote:
> Does anyone have the plans handy for the Norm style router table?
The NYW does.
Built an early version which works quite well.
Lew
Lew Hodgett (in xzNch.6682$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net) said:
| snipped-for-privacy@HOTMAIL.COM wrote: | | > Does anyone have the plans handy for the Norm style router table? | | The NYW does. | | Built an early version which works quite well.
Speaking of DIY router tables - do you (or anyone) have a URL for UA100's web page showing construction of his router table? I still think it's one of the best I've seen...
snipped-for-privacy@HOTMAIL.COM (in snipped-for-privacy@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com) said:
| Title says it all. I just bought a new router and now want a | table. Not one of the short standing ones that u need to put on top | of something to use. My dad has a craftsman table that is about 4' | tall but he said he doesn't think they are available anymore. Does | anyone know of a different brand?
I bought a Jessem table and added a Router-Lift; and haven't been unhappy with the combination.
If I were starting from scratch and didn't want to take the time to build my own I think I'd give serious consideration to one of the tables at:
http://www.rt1000.com
(I have no connection with them at all.)
Thanks Morris. That is a really nice router table but its a little more than I want to spend. Morris Dovey wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@HOTMAIL.COM wrote:

I bought the Bosch router table, then built a stand to put it in. The stand cost me less to build than the Bosch stand, as I used a lot of spare lumber I had lying around. The stand is an enclosed cabinet (i.e. thee sides and a pair of doors on the fourth) on locking casters with two shelves. One shelf in the cabinet is just the perfect size to hold the case the router set came in (purely accidental - gotta love it when it works out though :). I use the other shelf for bits and various other router tools, including small screws and springs. I put ledges on the shelves so nothing rolls off.
Took me a lazy day to do - no glue, just 2x4s screwed together for the frame, 1/4" plywood for the sides, and 3/4" plywood for the shelves and top.
The Bosch stand is just a bare table with a single shelf. The shelf is useless for about anything except holding the case for the router. Anything small or light will fall off.
I can send you photos of it if you like.
--
Michael White "To protect people from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools." -Herbert Spencer
Hey Mike I would like to see some pics when u get a chance. Thanks alot Michael White wrote:

They're at
http://webpages.charter.net/michael.white/img_0569.jpg (front)
http://webpages.charter.net/michael.white/img_0570.jpg (inside cabinet)
http://webpages.charter.net/michael.white/img_0571.jpg (top)
http://webpages.charter.net/michael.white/img_0572.jpg (back)
http://webpages.charter.net/michael.white/img_0573.jpg (side)
The only one I cropped down is the first (to about 350 K). The others are pretty much straight from the camera (about 2 MB).
I used a piece of angle iron (like the one in the back of the cabinet holding on the back piece of plywood) to hold the middle shelf ledge in place.
I've been happy with this design, and re-used it for a jointer, sans wheels (needed more stability).
--
Michael White "To protect people from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools." -Herbert Spencer
snipped-for-privacy@HOTMAIL.COM wrote:

Harbor Freight has a nice, sturdy looking, table. For $169 they even toss in a spare router.
Bill
--
I like America, just as everybody else does. I love America, I gotta say
that. But America will be judged.
snipped-for-privacy@HOTMAIL.COM wrote:

Sorry ... my first reply should have included this link.
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber130
Bill
--
Signature line omitted.

Here are a few ideas. JG http://www.jessem.com/rout_r_tables.htm
http://www.jessem.com/mast_r_lift_excel.htm
http://www.jessem.com/mite_r_slide.htm

snipped-for-privacy@HOTMAIL.COM wrote:

Yours!
This is a _GREAT_ opportunity to make something. You can even make it at exactly your preferred height.
For a basic model, all you need is maybe one sheet of 3/4" MDF, some scrap hardwood, and some laminate, all available at any Borg.
For the top, laminate two sheets of 3/4" MDF, attach 3/4 x 1 1/2" hardwood trim all around, and laminate both sides with plastic laminate. Buy an "insert" that fits your router and install it per the manufacturer's instructions.
A fence can be as simple as a jointed piece of stock, an elaborate shopmade version from one of the 400 "Ultimate Router Table" magazine articles, or purchased.
The cabinet is a box! You can go crazy with beautifully dovetailed drawers and frame and panel sides, or stay with a simple MDF or plywood box with a single access door. Make or buy a "remote switch", and you're good to go. Remote switches are easily made with a single box, one of those duplex switches that is a switch and single outlet, and an extension cord.
Don't like the height? Make different cabinet box. Don't like the table? Think out your likes and dislikes, and reuse the insert and fence on your next one.
Take a look at the Bench Dog tables at a local tool store. You can do it, there is no wrong answer. Go for it! <G>
This is similar to what I did. I found some a counter shop with some Corian they didn't mind selling me, and I built my own tabletop with it and some 3/4" plywood. I then build a stand for the top from a few 2x4 studs, and it stands around 3.5-4' tall. It's pretty nice not being forced to bend down over my router when I'm pushing a bunch of wood through it.
I even built myself a fence. It was surprisingly easy to do.
I need to address the whole dust problem, but I'm thinking a simple box will take care of that.
B A R R Y wrote:

Sun, Dec 3, 2006, 3:57pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@HOTMAIL.COM doth sayeth: Title says it all. I just bought a new router and now want a table. <snip>
I figure you could get one of the bench stands and mount it on one of the unifersal sands.
Or, you could make your own. I've not seen any that meet my needs, so I made one. Then made another. Then modified that one. I think I'm on the Mark III version, but could be Mark IV. I didn't use no teenkin' plans, didn't use steenkin plans for any of my tools. Just decided what I needed and made it. The lathe stand is kinda plain, very sturdy, but light, no vibration. The saw stand is kinda art deco and I can't recall how I made it.
JOAT I am, therefore I think.
http://www.twistedknotwoodshop.com/router.htm
It's not the Norm table but it is free.... and it is VERY close to the Norm table...
snipped-for-privacy@HOTMAIL.COM wrote:

Also in the DIY category -- from Fine Woodworking magazine: http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/Workshop/WorkshopPDF.aspx?id '58
I think it was in a recent FWW issue, too.
Pat Barber wrote:

[snip]