Where can I buy a canoe bit for a tabletop router? Also known as "ball and socket"....

I'm looking to build an outdoor cedar barrel sauna and was thinking tongue and grove. I looked on manufacturers website and it seems that they use a "ball and socket" type joint to join the staves together.
Anyone know where to purchase a set for grooving 1" or 1-1/2" lumber? I've seen plenty small bits on Ebay and the like but haven't found anything for 1-1/2" height?

You might check with Amana, they make these bits for Tambours, they might make larger ones.
This is really a job for a shaper, not a router, and a healthy one at that. You can look at car siding, a standard mill shape, that may accomplish what you are after. I don't know about availability in cedar. A local mill shop may run the material for you.
--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
Upscale wrote:

That bit is for 1/4" lumber. The OP was looking for 1" or 1.5".
Chris
Chris Friesen wrote:

The subject indicates "canoe bit". I'd sure hate to portage a canoe made out of 1.5" lumber.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Maybe it's a war canoe.
hdivr wrote:

You might want to look at the Lee Valley internal and external half-radius bullnose bits http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p0156&cat=1,46168 and http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p0157&cat=1,46168. They can go up to 1-1/4 inch and the radii are matched for each size.
--John
hdivr wrote:

See:
http://allita.net/Projects/omnicat5/index.php?cat_id=0
If the link doesn't bring up the page search for:
655-701 - FLUTE AND BEAD SET
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA