Where are Interesting Woodworking Points of Interest in South East

Hi all -
SWMBO and I will be making a trip south from Ohio in a few weeks and will be traveling through Kentucky, Tenn., N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and back through Georgia, Tenn., and Kentucky. Going to hit Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill near Lexington, KY, and Arts and Crafts Conf. in Asheville, NC at the Grove Park Inn, but open to all other points of interest. Planning to get to Charleston, SC and near Orlando, FL also Atlanta, GA, and Nashville, TN. Thanks for any input you can provide...
Les
"LesT" wrote:

------------------------------------ Check out Bowling Green, Ky area.
Lew
LesT wrote:

You can bring her by my place and let her buy a nice magnolia bowl.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA
LesT wrote:

Berea, KY, area is full of folks including Brian Boggs amongst other notables...
Unless he moved in the last few months Brian is now in Asheville NC

Russ Stanton wrote:

Yeah, thanks...I realized I had forgotten that he had moved after posting...
There are still a bunch of others in Berea area, though--I'll not try again to say who, specifically, since its now been >10 yrs since returned to the farm in SW KS.
I live near Asheville NC and can recommend several places of woodworking interest. They all have web sites so I will provide links:
http://www.gregorypaolini.com/ Greg Paolini is a custom furniture maker in Asheville, he also teaches and will be an exhibitor at the Arts and Crats Fair
http://www.carolinamountainwoodturners.org/ Check the web site of the Carolina Mountain Woodturners for their February schedule and for links to local turners and their studios
http://www.southernhighlandguild.org/pages/folk-art-center/general-info.php The Southern Highland Craft Guild has several stores in the Asheville area, one is on the Blue Ridge Parkway and the second is at 930 Tunnel Road. The one on the Parkway is only about 15 minutes from the one on Tunnel Road. Rhe Parkway location is also a National Park Visitor Center and has several exhibits that rotate so I am not sure what they may have when you are there. In the recent past they have had exhibits by several local custom furniture makers.
http://ashevillehardware.com/ Asheville Hardware, near the heart of downtown Asheville has some very unique lumber, check their web site.
http://brianboggschairs.com/ As I indicated in another post Brian Boggs is now in Asheville and has founded a "collective" .
From Asheville it is only about a 1 to 1.5 hour drive to Greenville SC and the Woodworkers Guild of Greenville. I would suggest a visit to their shop, it is amazing for a non-profit, volunteer organization. Check their web site for directions and more info: http://www.greenvillewoodworkers.com/index.htm
Hope this helps