when to use OSB

Aha! You are a kid. Repeating the same phrases ad nauseam. No originality, no allowance or even understanding of being wrong. A schizoid version of Tim Daneliuk all the way.

Fix your clock dweeb.

Reply to
sweetnothing

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 09:59:16 -0500, fucktard wrote: more proof that he is a member of this set:

sack of hammers.

box of rocks.

jackstein.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

snipped-for-privacy@no.com wrote in news:gi3cc5pnbqloti3p8nmosjhi2ocm1lndpt@

4ax.com:

I don't see how there's a masquerade involved.

Reply to
Elrond Hubbard

Your really a pompous, overt hypocrite, masquerading as a pompous, overt hypocrite, aren't you?

Reply to
Jack Stein

So.. if one had several thousand woods chips, and tossed them in the air, after landing on the ground, some would point this way, some would point in another direction...like..point randomly in all directions..some N, some NE, some South...randomly... Their orientation would be random, no? You know... random orientation? . . . Or are you one of the Rovian Bushites who can not and will not admit they're wrong?

Reply to
Robatoy

Dunno, it all sounds like a pantomime to me :-)

Reply to
Stuart

Sorry but you are wrong. What the phrase means is that the orientation (direction the chips are laid in) is random. The chips have no particular direction.

Orientation is a state and can be up-down, left-right, North-South, East-west, any combination of the former or random.

Reply to
Stuart

More like Le Petomane?

Robatoy

Nah, that's the "revenge on the Borgs" :-)

Reply to
Stuart

Brilliant.

Yes, random.

You know... random orientation?

Yes, and an oxymoron, just like a deafening silence or cruel kindness.

Thats a laugh, coming from you...

Reply to
Jack Stein

Right.

or random.

Wrong. Random has no particular direction, random makes it an oxymoron. Oriented Strand Board does not mean random, it means oriented, in a particular direction.

Reply to
Jack Stein

Perfectly acceptable usage in the English language.

Reply to
clare

*Pats Jack on the head*: "sure it does, sure it does, Jack..."

Did you read that sentence before you posted it, Jack?

Reply to
Robatoy

Ok, Jack. You insist on it like a little kid having a temper tantrum, so you *must* be right. Saying it repeatedly enough times has always been the standard for being right, so you win without exception. We are all fools to even question anything you have to say. Let me be the first to apologize for even thinking about questioning your wisdom.

How can we repay our statements of common sense and capitulate to your brilliance?

Someone come and get me before I start gagging and choke to death.

Reply to
sweetnothing

*Pats Jack on the head*: "sure it does, sure it does, Jack..."

Did you read that sentence before you posted it, Jack?

Jeez, I'm sorry I asked ... :()

Reply to
LDosser

It does look random but in a clip I watched on TOH or another show it was clearly being laid down in a pattern that gave the finished sheet "grain" that gave it more strength along it's length than across it's width.

discusses the process.

has a quick shot of the strands being laid down and you can see that they are oriented... look quick!

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Yes, perfectly acceptable usage, and a near perfect example of an oxymoron... Go figure.

Reply to
Jack Stein

Orientation is rrelated to direction. You can go off in random directions - and it is not an oxymoron. Nor is Random orientation.

Reply to
clare

Yep, it sure does.

Orient: To align or position with respect to a point or system of reference

Random: Having no specific pattern, haphazard

Oxymoron: a figure of speech which produces a seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in ?cruel kindness? or ?to make haste slowly.?

and another great example, "Randomly oriented"

Reply to
Jack Stein

The boy's about as sharp as a bowling ball.

Try an appeal to authority.

Tell him that Rush, Glenn and Sean say it's true.

That seems to have worked on him so far.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson