when to use OSB

Page 4 of 5

<plonk>

Put another way ... can any of you provide an estimate as to how long you intend to flog this /particular/ dead horse??
I provided a link or two that answers the question: Oriented Strand Board IS oriented to provide greater strength along one of its axes. Imaging data has proved that the orientation is FAR from optimized (by design? default??), and that further improvements are possible.
I'm no stranger to Usenet, but ... wow. Kids, kids, kids.
Neil Brooks wrote:

This is way past the beating of a dead horse, it's beating the petrified skeleton of a dead horse.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
Neil Brooks wrote:

A better question is how long will those not interested continue to read and post replies? I always quit when no one replies, or I lose interest, whichever comes first.

That topic ended long ago. The question the dim wits are pondering now is by "oriented" did you mean random?

Then you are Use to it, right?
--
Jack
Got Change: 4% unemployment =====> 10% Unemployment!

Now don't go plonking Glennjack Beckstein... it's fun watching that douche-nozzle squirm like this...

Sorry but you are wrong. What the phrase means is that the orientation (direction the chips are laid in) is random. The chips have no particular direction.
Orientation is a state and can be up-down, left-right, North-South, East-west, any combination of the former or random.
Stuart wrote:

Right.
or random.
Wrong. Random has no particular direction, random makes it an oxymoron. Oriented Strand Board does not mean random, it means oriented, in a particular direction.
--
Jack

*Pats Jack on the head*: "sure it does, sure it does, Jack..."

Did you read that sentence before you posted it, Jack?

*Pats Jack on the head*: "sure it does, sure it does, Jack..."

Did you read that sentence before you posted it, Jack?
============================================================== Jeez, I'm sorry I asked ... :()
Robatoy wrote:

Yep, it sure does.
Orient: To align or position with respect to a point or system of reference
Random: Having no specific pattern, haphazard
Oxymoron: a figure of speech which produces a seemingly self-contradictory effect, as in cruel kindness or to make haste slowly.
and another great example, "Randomly oriented"
--
Jack
Got Change: General Motors ========> Government Motors!

Ok, Jack. You insist on it like a little kid having a temper tantrum, so you *must* be right. Saying it repeatedly enough times has always been the standard for being right, so you win without exception. We are all fools to even question anything you have to say. Let me be the first to apologize for even thinking about questioning your wisdom.
How can we repay our statements of common sense and capitulate to your brilliance?
Someone come and get me before I start gagging and choke to death.

Random orientation is NOT an oxymoron, moron.
Robatoy wrote:

/that/ was mature.
:-p
--

-MIKE-

What do you call a beautiful woman on the arm of a drummer?
A tattoo.
Regards,
Tom Watson wrote:

What do you call a drummer without a girlfriend? Homeless
How do you know a drummer's at the front door? You ordered a pizza, 30 minutes ago.
How do you know a guitar player is at the door? The knocking speeds up.
How do you know a chick singers is at the door? She can't find the right key and doesn't know when to come in.
Did you hear about the band who locked their keys inside the van? It took them two hours to get the bass player out.
How are a drummer and a toilet different? A toilet only had to carry one a$$hole at a time.
I gots a million of em. :-)
--

-MIKE-

Hey, if we can't act like kids here, where can we? :)
snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com wrote:

exactly!
--

-MIKE-

I wasn't sure if I got you with that one... guess I did =0)
Robatoy wrote:

passive aggressive. :-)
--

-MIKE-

What I was trying to say.... was that Stein can take care of himself...no...wait.... never mind.