when to use OSB

Does *anyone* ever understand what you blather about?

Reply to
Upscale

No it isn't.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Perhaps in this case, random orientation is a reference to the method of applying the wood chips, not to them pointing in any particular direction when they're applied. Or perhaps, it was just an obscure name the designing engineer pulled out of thin air to give to his new process.

No oxymoron there.

Reply to
Upscale

Again, it looks as though the strands ARE oriented, along a specific axis, to maximize strength (along that axis).

It also looks -- at least from the results of ONE study -- as though there is more benefit to be gained from orienting MORE strands along that same axis, and to a greater degree:

Neil Brooks

Random orientation is an oxymoron, just like cruel kindness or deafening silence...

Sorry to confuse you!

Reply to
Jack Stein

Random orientation is NOT an oxymoron, moron.

Reply to
Robatoy

/that/ was mature.

:-p

Reply to
-MIKE-

What do you call a beautiful woman on the arm of a drummer?

A tattoo.

Regards,

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Hey, if we can't act like kids here, where can we? :)

Reply to
upscale

I wasn't sure if I got you with that one... guess I did =3D0)

Reply to
Robatoy

What I was trying to say.... was that Stein can take care of himself...no...wait.... never mind.

Reply to
Robatoy

On 9/23/2009 10:02 PM Puckdropper spake thus:

You mention sanding OSB: have you ever seen it used for flooring? I mean finished flooring; a friend owns a building hereabouts, commercial downstairs, residential upstairs, that has finished OSB floors. They're actually quite attractive and serviceable, even after many years of use.

Other than that, I agree with that poster a couple of replies back: I never use the crap.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

On 9/30/2009 6:22 PM -MIKE- spake thus:

Or, more amusingly, a cartoon-character-sized hole in the wall. (Like Wiley Coyote getting snookered by the roadrunner for the 159,000th time.)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

exactly!

Reply to
-MIKE-

What do you call a drummer without a girlfriend? Homeless

How do you know a drummer's at the front door? You ordered a pizza, 30 minutes ago.

How do you know a guitar player is at the door? The knocking speeds up.

How do you know a chick singers is at the door? She can't find the right key and doesn't know when to come in.

Did you hear about the band who locked their keys inside the van? It took them two hours to get the bass player out.

How are a drummer and a toilet different? A toilet only had to carry one a$$hole at a time.

I gots a million of em. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

passive aggressive. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

Steve Turner

No it isn't. Yes it is. No it isn't.

You're really some kid masquerading as an asshole aren't you?

Reply to
sweetnothing

Yes, it is.

Reply to
Jack Stein

Doesn't matter. Random denotes no particular direction, and oriented denotes direction, and using them together in this context is an oxymoron, just like cruel kindness or deafening silence...

Perhaps, but not likely. Others have already explained several possibilities, and none of them are random. My comment however was simply that the description "randomly oriented" was an oxymoron, and it is, and a good one. You asked if anyone understood my blather, I took the time to explain it to you in simple, clear terms even a moron like Tom or Robocop could understand... Oops!

Yes, a near perfect example.

Reply to
Jack Stein